epson home cinema 8350 projector

gauravkumra

Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy epson home cinema projector 8350.
Unfortunately Epson India does not have this model available in India.

Can someone suggest me where can I buy this from in India ??

Thank you for your help.
[email protected]

Check Shopyourworld.com, ICCWorld, vPost etc sites....which will let u shop from a US site and delivered it in India....I am myself finalizing (...still....almost a month now) to buy vivitek h1080fd from shopyourworld.com.

And there is BHPHOTO VIDEO with office in Pune. Its simple and easy. There are other online shops too. Just explore this forum and you will get to know.
good luck
Cheers!

Hello Gaurav,

In India be assured you can never get 8350 as this is a latest model, the dealers here will bulb us only with one or two years old models and that too at a price which can hit the roof.

In view to this you should consider to import from some online stores, there is enough writing in the other thread, so if you will write over there henceforth anything related to projectors will attract more attention.

V.

won't warranty be an issue ? i was also fascinated by the idea of a buying stuff from abroad but i chicken out when i realise that i'm on my own if and however the equip dies.

Import - Warranty

Well if there is a major issue with the projector then you will have to send it back to the import source and this could be a very painful task.

On the other hand it is important to note that there will be rare cases where a projector would have problem, it is most likely to serve you well, as long as you take good care, one of the main advantages is when you buy branded goods, they don the aspect of a in-direct insurance towards a no nonsense product.

Finally let us say that there will be some issues with the projector during it's usage phase, they can be easily handled with services available from the repair guys. In my case i have used the projector for around 4 years, there has never been a issue, so could be the case with most of the users, as long as they have bought branded projectors.

In buying from abroad, there are key benefits and no local stores here can match which is being discussed a lot in "projector issues" and other threads.

V.

Hi Vinay,

I read your complete thread about how you you ordered the model online.
Its really commendable how you cope up with your patience by dealing with these online stores.
I generally prefer having a feel of the product before buying it, atleast I need to have someone I can trust and place an order.

Your thread shows the horrifying experience you went thru and now makes me not go that way!!

I'd rather wait for someone to get it for my from US, although ppl generally hesitate in carrying such heavy equipments - but i'm only hopeful.

I am ready to pay little extra if someone can sell it to me here....

your thoughts ?

Import?

Well it was a nightmare dealing with SYW, but eventually they had the projector delivered to my full satisfaction.

Indeed one will like to take a feel of the product before buying but sometimes there is no choice and it is sure worth taking the risk based on one's ability.

I am sure you should consider to import from a online store, there are other sellers as discussed in the threads. It will be nothing like it if someone can carry the projector for you, but such cases are rare.

V.

how is the projector working for you anyways ?
is it anywhere close to Panasonic PT AX200E, its the same price and available stores next to me.

Well i am happy with the projector, i do not know anything about the Panasonic but this model could be a old one, it is better to go with the latest model like 8350 etc.

It is any day better not to depend on anyone especially when you have great urge now to have the projector. However please keep in mind the various other expenses involved in terms of screen, speakers etc.

V.

Thanks for your post Vinay, appreciate your help here.

I have someone who's ready to carry the projector for me from States.
Now that I have to order online, how do you recommend VisualApex to ship good to US resident.
The reason i ask is coz Epson website is pricing the projector for $1299, where as VisualApex is giving away for $1199 - that's a clear cut $100 discount (or 5k inr).

i plan to make a purchase today... contemplating between the two websites.

Gaurav, VisualApex is a good site to buy from as few of my friends here in US have bought from them without any issues yet. Cheers

Sameer

Thanks Sameer and GeorgeO, how about ProjectorPeople ?
its giving away a free 25ft HDMI cable with the projector !!

I am almost on the verge or ordering this one.. so all feedback are welcome please...

Taking A Call, Final Boarding

The online seller visual seems to be a good one, one of the leading member santosh has dealt with them, and other members are also saying that they are good, it is more better to deal with epson directly even if that means paying a higher price which in-directly is a better insurance in terms of epson brand, but if one is very conscious of not spending more money then visual is also a good bet, and the third company projector people, i do not know anything about them, some other members can throw light, though it is a interesting offer a free hdmi cable, but at end of the day if none of us can verify a good comment about them, then it is better to keep away.

I think you should not order a extra bulb for various reasons among them being is what if you are seeing only 2 movies a week, in such a situation your bulb could last for years, so why stock it now, or let us say that you have made large monies in your career, then naturally the next projector you will like to go of a high range, the best time to order a bulb is when you have crossed 75% of the bulb life, but then there is always a risk of the bulb death before time, but such cases are rare.

One of the things which you can order with projector is a ceiling mount, provided the weight is not much.

About your hurry to purchase today, is not a wise move, you have to allow some breathing space, as some members would have not read your post etc or you also need to do some more thinking.

V.

C. Mount

Hello George,

The ceiling mount which i got from here for Rs.3,500/- was not up to the mark, i am assuming that getting it from abroad would not have such issues while the seller of projector will know exactly which mount will suit the best in terms of the projector model which is being ordered.

V.

thanks Guys.
I finally made a purchase from ProjectorPeople, unfortunately the scheme for HDMI cable was only for a day, and i missed it :(

This is what the projector costed me -

Items:
1 x Epson Home Cinema 8350 (EPSHC8350) $1,199.00
Subtotal $1,199.00
Shipping: UPS 3 Day Select $26.70
Tax $0.00
Order Total $1,225.70

in INR - Rs.55,400/-

I have someone carrying the projector for me on 7th March 2011.
until i need to collect all other accessories like Wall Mount, 25ft HDMI cable, APC UPS, and obviously a screen....

I live in Delhi, can someone guide me where to buy all the above items and the cost i need to look at...

again - thanks for all your help :)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back