Epson TW 7100 vs TW 9400

msankadi

Hi

As you might have read in my other threads, I was looking for a tv or projector till now...based on what I have seen recently in this forum.... Epson projectors are available at competitive rates in India.

Considering this I am leaning towards a projector. I got a few quotes today for these two projectors but there is a huge difference in price. Roughly 70k difference in price

My usage is 4k content. Rough distances
16 feet watching distance
12 feet throw distance

Can you please suggest which one to go for and is it worth spending so much extra for 9400 worth it?

HTuser

Epson 9400 is definitely better than 7100, its definitely worth it if you can afford.
At 12 feet, you can only have 92" screen. Check whether you can keep projector at 16 feet from screen to have bigger screen.

lingamkrishnan

Hi

As you might have read in my other threads, I was looking for a tv or projector till now...based on what I have seen recently in this forum.... Epson projectors are available at competitive rates in India.

Considering this I am leaning towards a projector. I got a few quotes today for these two projectors but there is a huge difference in price. Roughly 70k difference in price

My usage is 4k content. Rough distances
16 feet watching distance
12 feet throw distance

Can you please suggest which one to go for and is it worth spending so much extra for 9400 worth it?
did you choose the projector? which one did you go for??

Naturelover

Staff member
did you choose the projector? which one did you go for??

msankadi

How is it performing ?

Any softness palpable as it's half of 4k only ?

What price did you get ?
Perfect loving it. No issues. I don't realize any softness love the picture. Please note that I have never seen a true 4k projection so my eyes are not comparing but I have seen movies in theaters and honestly i think the quality of my projector is better than what I see in cinemas

skelfoutlaw

Perfect loving it. No issues. I don't realize any softness love the picture. Please note that I have never seen a true 4k projection so my eyes are not comparing but I have seen movies in theaters and honestly i think the quality of my projector is better than what I see in cinemas
Hey, Am in the exact same state as you were. Confused between TW9400 and TW7100. Not sure if TW9400 is worth spending extra 70k!
I am getting TW9400 at 1.88 and TW7100 at 1.18.
Could you please let me know your experience with TW9400 and do you feel spending extra 70k is worth it?
I will be using the projector mainly for watching movies and a bit of gaming!

msankadi

Hey, Am in the exact same state as you were. Confused between TW9400 and TW7100. Not sure if TW9400 is worth spending extra 70k!
I am getting TW9400 at 1.88 and TW7100 at 1.18.
Could you please let me know your experience with TW9400 and do you feel spending extra 70k is worth it?
I will be using the projector mainly for watching movies and a bit of gaming!
I didn't research 7100 much... I was sold on 9400 from the start and 4k (even if faugh 4k it was better than none l) was very important for me as I was going to project it at 150 inch and I use all 4k sources including movies tv and ps4...

It has been an amazing experience. I can never tell the difference if it is actually 4k or not but I can see even the smallest of details crystal clear. If I stick my eyes very close to the wall sure I can see pixels but like that is not anything as I never see it at watching distance. Plus the lens shift and other features are just godsend. Even the Customer care has been good.

Overall i never ever think that I should have saved money, I in fact think that even at 3l (close to USA price) I would have loved this projector

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!