Epson TW 7100 vs TW 9400

msankadi

Hi

As you might have read in my other threads, I was looking for a tv or projector till now...based on what I have seen recently in this forum.... Epson projectors are available at competitive rates in India.

Considering this I am leaning towards a projector. I got a few quotes today for these two projectors but there is a huge difference in price. Roughly 70k difference in price

My usage is 4k content. Rough distances
16 feet watching distance
12 feet throw distance

Can you please suggest which one to go for and is it worth spending so much extra for 9400 worth it?

Epson 9400 is definitely better than 7100, its definitely worth it if you can afford.
At 12 feet, you can only have 92" screen. Check whether you can keep projector at 16 feet from screen to have bigger screen.

Hi

As you might have read in my other threads, I was looking for a tv or projector till now...based on what I have seen recently in this forum.... Epson projectors are available at competitive rates in India.

Considering this I am leaning towards a projector. I got a few quotes today for these two projectors but there is a huge difference in price. Roughly 70k difference in price

My usage is 4k content. Rough distances
16 feet watching distance
12 feet throw distance

Can you please suggest which one to go for and is it worth spending so much extra for 9400 worth it?
did you choose the projector? which one did you go for??

did you choose the projector? which one did you go for??

How is it performing ?

Any softness palpable as it's half of 4k only ?

What price did you get ?
Perfect loving it. No issues. I don't realize any softness love the picture. Please note that I have never seen a true 4k projection so my eyes are not comparing but I have seen movies in theaters and honestly i think the quality of my projector is better than what I see in cinemas

Perfect loving it. No issues. I don't realize any softness love the picture. Please note that I have never seen a true 4k projection so my eyes are not comparing but I have seen movies in theaters and honestly i think the quality of my projector is better than what I see in cinemas
Hey, Am in the exact same state as you were. Confused between TW9400 and TW7100. Not sure if TW9400 is worth spending extra 70k!
I am getting TW9400 at 1.88 and TW7100 at 1.18.
Could you please let me know your experience with TW9400 and do you feel spending extra 70k is worth it?
I will be using the projector mainly for watching movies and a bit of gaming!

Hey, Am in the exact same state as you were. Confused between TW9400 and TW7100. Not sure if TW9400 is worth spending extra 70k!
Could you please let me know your experience with TW9400 and do you feel spending extra 70k is worth it?
I didn't research 7100 much... I was sold on 9400 from the start and 4k (even if faugh 4k it was better than none l) was very important for me as I was going to project it at 150 inch and I use all 4k sources including movies tv and ps4...

It has been an amazing experience. I can never tell the difference if it is actually 4k or not but I can see even the smallest of details crystal clear. If I stick my eyes very close to the wall sure I can see pixels but like that is not anything as I never see it at watching distance. Plus the lens shift and other features are just godsend. Even the Customer care has been good.

Overall i never ever think that I should have saved money, I in fact think that even at 3l (close to USA price) I would have loved this projector

After reading everyone, i fell i am not alone in confusion of 7100 Vs 9400 and i have solace.. Though I can afford 9400 But thinking on why to spend 70-80K extra if probably 7100 might suit my room better. I am planning to use it in my living room where my screen rools and hides in a pelmet design and projector is kept attached to a double ceiling window in a bright living room. So it's completely turns into living room except bit of projector being seen.. Though I have curtain in windows but its absolutely never pitch dark even in night. So for this case where i have some ambient light in my living room, will 7100 be better than 9400 due to lumens and smaller in size.
Projector as well as viewing distance is almost 15 feet and position to hang projector almost in center vertically and horizontally...
Any place in Bangalore where i can see side by side demo of 7100 & 9400...

Hey Can you please share dealer info where you are getting this price

After reading everyone, i fell i am not alone in confusion of 7100 Vs 9400 and i have solace.. Though I can afford 9400 But thinking on why to spend 70-80K extra if probably 7100 might suit my room better. I am planning to use it in my living room where my screen rools and hides in a pelmet design and projector is kept attached to a double ceiling window in a bright living room. So it's completely turns into living room except bit of projector being seen.. Though I have curtain in windows but its absolutely never pitch dark even in night. So for this case where i have some ambient light in my living room, will 7100 be better than 9400 due to lumens and smaller in size.
Projector as well as viewing distance is almost 15 feet and position to hang projector almost in center vertically and horizontally...
Any place in Bangalore where i can see side by side demo of 7100 & 9400...
I have taken a demo of both 7100 and 9400. Trust me there's a huge difference in terms of color production and majorly the smoothness in picture quality.
I would recommend 9400 if you have a budget otherwise wait for months and then purchase it.

My 11 year old Epson EH-TW8100 projector is having issues.
Looking to buy a new projector for my dedicated room.
Screen size 150". Viewing distance 14 ft. Throw distance 21 ft

I have a buy back offer from Epson. So not looking at any other brand.
Undecided between Epson EH-TW7100 and EH-TW9400.

My viewing is OTT and 1080p content (predominantly Hindi).

My AVR (Pioneer SC-LX57) is also of similar age. The manual says it supports 4k pass through.
But no atmos or any other new sound configuration support. It has 9.2 possible.
I have a 7.1 system installed.
Don't want to change this as of now.

Now, is the 9400 worth the price over the 7100 for my case? Difference is around Rs. 60-70,000.
Is there much 4k content on Indian OTT?

Also, is the fan noise of the 9400 too high? I have read this at some places.

Hi,

I would recommend to go for the 9400. Internet is plenty with the technical reviews so I won't go much into it, but I was very impressed when I had auditioned the 9400. I had a short throw benq prior to this & it was a very big upgrade in PQ.

Coming to content , amost all OTT providers now support 4k, many regional movies & hindi movies are being released in 4k. Better not to feel left behind or need to upgrade when 1080p takes a backseat in few years of time.

The fan during initial load is bit noisy but settles down soon, not a hindrance for anything above medium listening volumes.

My 11 year old Epson EH-TW8100 projector is having issues.
Looking to buy a new projector for my dedicated room.
Screen size 150". Viewing distance 14 ft. Throw distance 21 ft

I have a buy back offer from Epson. So not looking at any other brand.
Undecided between Epson EH-TW7100 and EH-TW9400.

My viewing is OTT and 1080p content (predominantly Hindi).

My AVR (Pioneer SC-LX57) is also of similar age. The manual says it supports 4k pass through.
But no atmos or any other new sound configuration support. It has 9.2 possible.
I have a 7.1 system installed.
Don't want to change this as of now.

Now, is the 9400 worth the price over the 7100 for my case? Difference is around Rs. 60-70,000.
Is there much 4k content on Indian OTT?

Also, is the fan noise of the 9400 too high? I have read this at some places.
Hi Naturelover
I have a 8200 whose lamp now needs to be replaced. I am contemplating buying the 9400 instead of buying the replacement lamp. Can you share here or over PM what the buyback offer from Epson is ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back