Epson TW 8100 or Panasonic AE 7000 which one to go Mainly for movies

narenkum

Hi,

I am planning to convert my guest room into a dedicated HT Room.

First planned to complete the purchase of the porjector to begin with and then later add an AVR.

Intially wanted to go for an LED projector(LG 75U LED Porjecotr) but as this is purely for movies and not for any gaming activities decided to go for a bulb based projector with better lumens and quality.

After lot of research and reading shortlisted 2 models:

Benq w 1070 and
Optoma HD 25

Had a demo of Benq model and Optoma Hd 20 but not in a dedicated room and liked the Benq model. Then visited another dealer and had a demo of Panasonic AE 7000 in a dedicated room.

Now my wife and Daughter are voting for this Panasonic AE 7000 and my wife's argument is once we buy this we should not think about upgrading for the next 3 -5 years. We have Bought a LG 47LM 7600 in August 2012 exclusively for watching movies as an addition and upgrade over our 5 year old LG 42 LCD TV.

Have almost decided on Panasonic AE 7000 and have paid an initial amount, now reading through certain forums where some people are suggesting that Panasonic is going to shut down their home projection market.

Will this be a good buy at 1.6L with Bill and warranty or to buy Epson TW8100 at around 1.5L.

As per the reviews nothing much different between these 2 with Pana having the lens memory feature while Epson providing the PIP mode and Epson being slighty brighter with 2400 lumes compared to Pana with 2000 lumens.

Please suggest as I need to make the decision by today

Just for info - Epson is now providing 1 year/1000 hour warranty on the lamp.It also comes with 2 pairs of 3D glasses. I am not sure on the exact pricing but prices have increased last week. Before that the 8100 was available for approx 1.2 + Taxes. No idea about Panasonic.

Epson price should be not more than 1.3L with B&W.

Thanks Denom,

Will keep this in mind when doing the final negotiation with the dealer.

But to proceed to that stage, I need to be sure that Epson TW 8100 is better than Panasonic AE 7000.

I request the help of forum members who already own either of these 2 projectors are at least demoed both of them to provide their valuable inputs.

Hello FM's,

Any inputs for me :sad:?

This will be basically used for watching movies in a dedicated room of 15 x 13 and with total control over the lighting.

Lot of fellow FM's here have gone for the Epson brand .

Epson have increased their prices by 7%:mad: across the board and the new MRP for this projector is 1,80.000 and the final price is 1.52.000

In general, Epson has good reviews than Panasonic.
Based on my TV experience with panasonic, they are excellent at image reproduction.(Especiallay on skin tones & natural colors). And also panasonic employed a algorithm to reduce the screen door effect compared to epson. (But panasonic 3LCD panels are made by epson)

For pricing check with gadgetmonster store in Ampa skywalk/Express avenue/Phoenix Market city in chennai. Recently i bought sony HW50ES at 2.2 L from them.

In general, Epson has good reviews than Panasonic.
Based on my TV experience with panasonic, they are excellent at image reproduction.(Especiallay on skin tones & natural colors). And also panasonic employed a algorithm to reduce the screen door effect compared to epson. (But panasonic 3LCD panels are made by epson)

For pricing check with gadgetmonster store in Ampa skywalk/Express avenue/Phoenix Market city in chennai. Recently i bought sony HW50ES at 2.2 L from them.

Thanks for your inputs Swamy.

I have now completed the purchase of Epson TW 8100 for 1,52000.
I know this is on the higher side as some of our FM's have bought it around 1.3L but as the dollar is around 60 INR the MRP's have increased and no other go. In fact checked with more 5 dealers and all quoted around 1.55L

Congratulations on your purchase.!
Right time purchase, as per market study $ will go up to 63-64 INR per $.

Please share the pictures of what you have bought & enjoyed.

Congratulations narenkum ! How many pairs of 3d glasses did you get ?

Jayant

Jayant,

Only 1 3D glasses was provided that too after lot of negotiations.

Planning to get the Samsung glasses which comes to 1000- 1400INR as suggested by some of our FM's.

I too agree with your family that one should not think of upgrading for the next 3 - 5 years or so.

I know of cases where they have used the bulb life of around 25% and are ready for a upgrade but having said this they may be right in their own way, it all boils down on one's logic etc.

It is generally better not to hurry up with any sort of decision till we have a clear path especially where the spend is huge and we have to be with it for following years.

V.

Now my wife and Daughter are voting for this Panasonic AE 7000 and my wife's argument is once we buy this we should not think about upgrading for the next 3 -5 years.

Please suggest as I need to make the decision by today

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back