Epson TW6000 - Complete Saga

Just discovered i cannot edit my posts beyond 24 hrs :sad: .. unless some mods help me and paste this under my initial post.

Projector Box side view

Projector Box Top view

List of contents inside the box

Screen Closed

Screen Open 6 feet

Booklet that came with Liberty Screen

The ceiling mount box

The 1.5 feet angle for the ceiling mount

Projector on the ceiling

Another angle

Projector ports at the rear

Tangled Capture 1

Tangled Capture 2

Tangled Capture 3

Looking great
Congrats once again.

I am decided on TW8000 now.

Please post the price details of Ceiling Mount, Screen etc

Any installation charges?
How many years warranty for the projector?

What is the cost of 4:3,10x8 motorized screen?
What is the cost of 25ft HDMI cable?

Thanks in advance

Please post the price details of Ceiling Mount, Screen etc
Ceiling mount 2400/-
Screen 4:3 10x8 manual pull down liberty - 15000 + vat

Any installation charges?
None

How many years warranty for the projector?
2 years epson on-site

What is the cost of 4:3,10x8 motorized screen?
26000 + vat was quoted to me

What is the cost of 25ft HDMI cable?
Bought from SP road v1.4a - 2500/-

what are your Vertical and Horizontal keystone correction settings?

Didn't do any myself, but maybe the guy who came to setup the projector did something. I'll check and let you know. The setup is still incomplete and i'm running behind the electrician to conceal the wires and connect the power cord permanently.

Forgot to ask about the screen model

Found many in the booklet. Which one you chose, your inputs will help me to choose.

I found many models on the Grandveiw site as well, but not sure how many of them are available in India.

I have to mount the screen on the ceiling. Is manual pull down is OK for ceiling mounted screen. I am afraid that manual pull, will pull down the entire unit. Hence considering the motorized one.

Forgot to ask about the screen model

Found many in the booklet. Which one you chose, your inputs will help me to choose.

I found many models on the Grandveiw site as well, but not sure how many of them are available in India.

I have to mount the screen on the ceiling. Is manual pull down is OK for ceiling mounted screen. I am afraid that manual pull, will pull down the entire unit. Hence considering the motorized one.

I believe this is one choice, that you'll have to go with what your dealer tells you. I called around 7-8 dealers and they all had their versions of the make, brand and quality. One even told me he'll give me either Grandview or Brightview which are both the same, only difference is the label. I even found a 10x8 pulldown for 8k on ebay.in :D .

So bottom line unless you are getting Da-lite which is an actual imported US stuff, all other are Chinese including Liberty, Grandview or Brightview. But as this forum mentions Liberty and Grandview as good and without any issues i think you can stick with these.

And don't worry about the ceiling mount. I've a swing in the balcony which hangs the same way from the ceiling with special screws which are the same used in hanging the screen. If you have the extra 10k, go for the motorized one.

I just didn't want one more power cord hanging down and the maintenance of the motor if something went wrong. Also the price is a big factor as the material and everything remains the same.

Hope this helps.

Hi
Can you tell me the dealer for the screen. I have also decided to go for TW 6000 looking at your posts and the pictures. Now need to get a good screen.
So please

While going through the forums, many mentioned lag of 100ms (6000) and 80ms (8000) as a drawback which will be affecting the games.

Even though I am not planning to use it for games at the moment, I would like to know how bad it will be (in case my kid wanted to use, when he grows up)

Have you faced any issues due to this lag (time taken between input signal given and the output displayed on the screen).

These models don't have Game mode and looks like Epson is not planning to rectify this issue or add a game mode

Anyone else faced lag issues with epson projectors?

To forum members from Hyd, please post details of Epson dealers in Hyderabad (if you have)

While going through the forums, many mentioned lag of 100ms (6000) and 80ms (8000) as a drawback which will be affecting the games.

Even though I am not planning to use it for games at the moment, I would like to know how bad it will be (in case my kid wanted to use, when he grows up)

Have you faced any issues due to this lag (time taken between input signal given and the output displayed on the screen).

Anyone else faced lag issues with epson projectors?

Sorry mate, not into gaming at all. For movies i do not know how to check the lag if any and it would not make any difference.

in movies the lag can be between audio and video that can be adjusted in the avr. For gaming, lag would be between user input and result on screen - which can not be adjusted :)

orthopod said:
Thank you very much. I also have a small query. Read somewhere that the TW 6000 is only 3D ready and so cannot play a 3D movie from a blu ray player. One needs a HTPC or media player. Have u tried a 3D - BD player with the PJ

Just for the benefit for everybody i'll reply on my post rather than pm. I hope you don't mind. Actually before buying i too had the same question in my mind. The only difference in 3d ready and full 3d is the hardware supplied with the equipment. I'll let you read this small article to clarify yourself.

I'll try a 3d bluray with a 3d bluray player this weekend, as i'll have to ask one of my friends to borrow it. :eek:hyeah:

3D Ready and Full HD 3D explained - FlatpanelsHD

Yes, the epson is full 3d player. Meaning it will play 3d frame packed Blurays as well as the half resolution formats like SBS and TNB.

Just for the benefit for everybody i'll reply on my post rather than pm. I hope you don't mind. Actually before buying i too had the same question in my mind. The only difference in 3d ready and full 3d is the hardware supplied with the equipment. I'll let you read this small article to clarify yourself.

I'll try a 3d bluray with a 3d bluray player this weekend, as i'll have to ask one of my friends to borrow it. :eek:hyeah:

Thanks sixthsense
Its reassuring . Maybe time to order one for myself

From what I heard, I think TW6000 is an HD projector. Hence with a 3D Bluray player and 3D bluray, you can watch in 3D with your glasses.

Thanks sixthsense
Its reassuring . Maybe time to order one for myself

I dealt with the following dealer :

Sitec Technologies Pvt Ltd:
Head Office
No.111, First Floor,
Raheja Arcade, Koramangala
Bangalore 560 095, India
Ph: +91 80 25503924
Fax: +91 80 41668201
Mob: +91 9880066942
Email: [email protected]
[email protected]

Disclaimer : Not the best dealer in town. If you just want the projector and have done all the research yourself already, please go ahead. I could not find any technical person to answer my queries from this dealer. Keep your expectations low.

@sixthsense

can you pls post pictures of 16:9 (1.78:1) and 21:9 (2.35:1) movies.

What are the options we have to view these two formats. Do we have to make any changes each time.

As per my understanding, we set default to 16:9 and if 21:9 input is given, projector will show it with black bars on top and bottom - am I correct?.

Is there any option to show the 21:9 movie in the bottom of the screen (without any black bar below, ie without leaving any space in the bottom)

HTUser,

There is no native 21:9 aspect ratio on any of sources available in Home media formats. The 21:9 is always encoded in 16:9 aspect ratio format with black bars on top and bottom. The projector will always see the sources as 16:9, irrespective of whether the actual picture is 21:9 or 16:9. So, it does nothing and shows 21:9 with black bars on top or bottom.

With that said, the Epson does not have an option to shift the picture. So, no, you can't have the picture only to the bottom of the screen.

Its indeed possible to shift the picture to bottom of the screen using your media player's settings. I always do this in my setup.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back