Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne

Check out the short write up on these speakers in the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2012 link that I posted in the General Lounge a couple of days ago. They were voted best "disappearing act" !!

Great! Could you post the direct link please. I think the link you posted just points to the RMAF report home page, leading to many other pages.

Last edited:
I emailed both Jonathan Tinn (the creator) and Sandeep (India distributor) to check the price and availability. Its been a while since then. I still have to hear back. Not the kind of thing that would help spread the word fast.

A prime consideration while owning any gear produced by Jonathan Tinn has been affordability. For example, most shows where JT has gone with his gear, cables alone cost more than cost of fairly good complete systems. While MMMicroOne isn't exactly expensive, usually the kind of gear and cables it is paired with are not exactly inexpensive.

Jonathan Tinn has tried to address this issue. There seems to be tie up with a Chinese cable manufacturer to supply cheap (relatively) cables good enough for MMMicroOne. Read the announcement below for the details.

Evolution Acoustics MicroOne Speaker Cable Suggestions...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have had numerous inquiries asking me to make a recommendation for affordable loudspeaker cables specifically suited for the MicroOnes. Unfortunately, as much as I would love to recommend our own loudspeaker cables, many people do not find them within their budget for use with the MicroOnes.

First and foremost, I always recommend you contact your local dealer and see what they suggest and what they might have in stock for you to hear and maybe even borrow to audition in your system. If you do not have a dealer local to you or they do not have something that you really like, I do have a suggestion.

When we started exhibiting the MicroOnes at trade shows, we were showing them with the Evolution Acoustics DRSC loudspeaker cables. I took a lot of flak for using them as people thought it unfair to use such expensive cables. I did a bit of research and came across a cable manufacturer who came very highly recommended. I got in touch with them and requested a sample to audition. At first, I was surprisingly very impressed with the build quality as well as as their tactile nature. They are very substantial. I then listened to them and became equally impressed with their sonics. The cables are made by a small, lesser known company called Aural Fidelity. We used them at numerous shows and always received high accolades.

Because of the high amount of requests, I have asked if they would offer special direct pricing to Evolution Acoustics owners and they agreed. If you are interested, their cables retail for $2500.00 a pair and they will offer, for a limited time, a 60% discount only for Evolution Acoustics owners.

To contact Aural Fidelity, use can reach them by email at [email protected]

Use the discount code: EA60LESS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I emailed both Jonathan Tinn (the creator) and Sandeep (India distributor) to check the price and availability. Its been a while since then. I still have to hear back. Not the kind of thing that would help spread the word fast.

2014 prices - as I got them are as under :-

MODEL

SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE
MMMiniOne (No Stand)

US $ 22000
MMMiniOne (With Stand)

US $ 30000
MMMiniTwo

US $ 39000
MMMiniSub

US $ 19000
MMTwo

US $ 50000
MMThree

US $ 65000
MMTwoEXACT

US $ 89500
MMThreeEXACT

US $ 104500
MMTwo to MMThree

US $ 17500
MMEXACT Upgrade

US $ 39500
CABLES

SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE
SRSC

US $ 3500
SRIC/SRXL

US $ 2500
DRSC

US $ 6500
DRIC / DRXL

US $ 5000
TRSC

US $ 10000
TRIC / TRXL

US $ 7500
DRPC

US $ 2500
TRPC

US $ 3500
BNC LINK

US $ 6500
MMTwo Jumpers

US $ 1500
MMThree Jumpers

US $ 3000

All speaker cables are priced at 9 ft. lengths, power cords at 6 ft. lengths and interconnects at 1m lengths.

MODEL
MMMicroOne (With Stand) US $'s 4,000/-
MMMicroOne Center Channel US $'s 2,000/-
MMSeven US $'s 2,00,000/-

Evolution Acoustics
4160 SW Greenleaf Drive,
Portland, Oregon 97221
(503) 221-0465

:clapping:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back