Excellent forum for users in India / Help needed

MND

Hi all,

My first post even though I have been following the threads closely. Am in Dubai at the moment. I am planning to bring a few high end components to India shortly like a Onkyo TX-SR875 receiver, JBL E 90 series speakers, Panasonic PT AE700U projector, Sony 32" LCD TV, Denon DVD 1940, Wii etc.

1. Would my system be at risk due to the voltage fluctuations. If so suggestions to overcome problems?
2. I am from Cochin and would like to know where do I get components for these products closest to home and
3. Is there anybody who has experience in building a HT room?

Awaiting your valued suggestions and comments....

Onkyo TX-SR875 receiver, JBL E 90 series speakers, Panasonic PT AE700U projector, Sony 32" LCD TV, Denon DVD 1940, Wii etc.

1. Would my system be at risk due to the voltage fluctuations. If so suggestions to overcome problems?

This is simple. Get a servo controlled voltage stabiliser. Once you have finalised the items, we can tell you how much capacity you must go for in the stabiliser.

2. I am from Cochin and would like to know where do I get components for these products closest to home

For Onkyo and Denon, the nearest would be Chennai. Panasonic and Sony should be possible in Cochin itself.

3. Is there anybody who has experience in building a HT room?

Many of us have experience, I am sure. I have myself built three HT rooms. If you are more specific in your requirements, I am sure we can help.

Cheers

Last edited:
mnd
before you buy the jbl e90, listen to other speakers. monitor audio bronze series, kef iq series (these are definitely better than the e90's). also some other brands are psb, paradigm, mission (though i have not personally heard)

i found the e90's to be muddy in their presentation and the bass very flabby. wouldnt recommend them

Hi Are you coming from Dubai?
I do not think there will be voltage problem - but it helps to be extra precautious.

mnd
i found the e90's to be muddy in their presentation and the bass very flabby. wouldnt recommend them

I second that. I've heard the E80 (smaller version of the E90) but the above comments are applicable to them as well. Try listening to other speakers since you're in Dubai and can get them to India much cheaper. Even the JBL subwoofer is flabby in it's presentation.

-Jinx.

Hey guys,

Thanks for all your comments. The products mentioned are the ones I own at the moment. Can't agree with you more about the JBL speakers. Is there somebody to contact regarding the HT room i propose to build?

Hi Mnd,
I am also from Cochin. I think Hi fi links, near Kaloor, cochin, deals with ht equipment and high end audio stuff. You could give them a try. I plan to pay a visit and check it for myself soon.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back