Experience with borderlinx

I just ordered a bunch of stuff from Borderlinx and thought I would share my (not so happy) experience.

The good:

i) They received all my packages. Even the ones shipped by USPS without any tracking number.

The bad:

i) The customer service is slow and at times clueless. I had to struggle with them to get the item values right. They wanted tracking numbers to reference the shipment. Since my stuff was shipped from Amazon marketplace (using cheapest shipping), I didn't have any and they gave me a hard time.

ii) They didn't do a good job of classification. One of the books was classified as health and beauty product and a computer power supply as 'Electronics-others'. The front end customer support does not have the permission to change the classification. I got it done but it took long.

iii) I couldn't find an easy way to track the issues raised. All you got to do is to send a mail and wait (there is live support but I would have preferred a good issue tracking system).

The ugly:

i) The duty+tax isn't duty+tax. I had bought lots of cheap books from Amazon marketplace and they charged me 100% as duty+tax. When I posed the question to the person on live help, he said that my duty+tax was high because my books were heavy. I had no argument :)

I have no problems with people making money but I would appreciate some honesty. Labeling their profit as customs duty is cheating.

It will be wither comgateway.com or viaddress.com next. It is unlikely I will use Borderlinx again.

Last edited:
thatguy
Why didn't you simply order from Amazon UK using their free super saver offer? Good pricing and Amazon accepts complete responsibility for ensuring that you get what you have ordered.My Feb orders came through without any hassle.Out of my 8 orders in March only 2 have been received.The other 6 are delayed,but I expect full support from Amazon in case they have been lost en-route.

Thanks Ajay, for the pointer. Although I hadn't considered amazon.co.uk, I realized after checking today that it wouldn't have worked. The books I ordered were out of print and were available only in the Amazon marketplace. Marketplace sellers, both in the US and UK, do not ship to India.

Borderlinx is capitalizing on the fact that many people fear dealing with the customs. Some of us are just grateful that someone provides this service, and will pay any price. There are, however, other forwarding services which offer better shipping rates if you are willing to handle the customs yourself.

They have probably been lying about the package weight too. I had ordered a mini-ITX motherboard and Borderlinx claims it is 3.8 kgs. Amazon's product description put the shipping weight at 2 pounds. I can't argue with them because I haven't seen the packaging but I have a hard time believing that a mini-ITX mobo can be that heavy (or big).

I am considering buying Asus eee pad Transformer but confused if i should use Borderlinx or Aramex?

Borderlinx shows '0' duty for category, 'Computers - Desktops and laptops', is this correct? I have heard duty on laptops is 15%?
Also, can an Android tablet be classified under 'Computers - Desktops and laptops'?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back