Experience with borderlinx

Received the product at my borderlinx address. :clapping:

However, I saw the amount that I need to pay to get it delivered on their site, they have taken the product cost @US$250 themselves (god knows from where) whereas I bought it for US$199.99 + 5 shipping.

So it increased the customer duty and taxes. Following it up with them to rectify it.

Just now I contacted them via Live Chat and the executive said that the merchant might have given wrong address.

Then I requested him to call Fedex and solve this and he assured that his team will and update me via call or email.

Lets see. :)

they have taken the product cost @US$250 themselves (god knows from where) whereas I bought it for US$199.99 + 5 shipping

That happens when the original shipper does not include a valid invoice with the product. Once contacted with the correct cost, they usually rectify it within a day.

However, I saw the amount that I need to pay to get it delivered on their site, they have taken the product cost @US$250 themselves (god knows from where) whereas I bought it for US$199.99 + 5 shipping.

So it increased the customer duty and taxes. Following it up with them to rectify it.
This always happens. Borderlinx puts a guesstimated amount as the product cost. You will need email [email protected] with the correct invoice and they will change it for you almost immediately if you follow up with an online chat.

That happens when the original shipper does not include a valid invoice with the product. Once contacted with the correct cost, they usually rectify it within a day.
True

I had a chat with their customer care executive this morning and just now I have sent them email with proofs of the price.

Hopefully, it should be done by tomorrow morning. :)

AS Emotiva does not accept international credit cards they only accept cards from USA/ Cannada.

I confirmed with my bank today that direct payment can be made to Emotiva from your local bank here.
All that needs to be done is 2 forms have to be filled up
1- Declaration form
2 - A1 Form

these 2 forms will be mailed to you by your bank ( foriegn exchange dept ) , u need to fill this up and take it to your local bank and issue a check in favour of the particular company ,with a copy of the email of the wire transfer instructions (swift no: is important here)

the charges ---0.25:/: of the total cost to be transfered + 1200/INR for the swift transfer, the transfer wud take 48hrs

i do guess this is quite reasonable, does make it quite simple wasnt aware of this

Received the product at my borderlinx address. :clapping:

Today, I have received the product. :yahoo:

The delivery person tried to play the trick. He called and said that there is a duty of 3.5k. I told him that it is already paid. He said that it is not mentioned anywhere. I told him that I am not going to pay the duty and he wants he can take it back. Then he said that ok, i found it is written that duty is paid.

I have seen this kind of tricks played by delivery person in the past. If a customer is ignorant and/or desperate to get the product, some of these oversmart idiots try to make money. Also, I have seen they try to charge the duty in international deliveries even if no duty has was charges by custom dept.

All the HFV members, please be informed.

Emotiva does accept international payments through Paypal

Subhash, you can register your Indian credit card with PayPal, ask Emotiva to generate a direct invoice to your PayPal account and then make a payment through PayPal using your Indian credit card. That's how I purchased my Emotiva ERC-1 in Dubai using my Dubai issued credit card.

Last edited:
How did Santhol and others get their emotiva then??!

Sent from my iPod touch

last time we were not too sure . the payment was directly made by our relatives in US to emotiva

The easiest way to make payment from here wud be direct wire transfer from your local bank @ very reasonable cost

or by creating paypal AC and transfer fund through credit card

Today, I have received the product. :yahoo:

The delivery person tried to play the trick. He called and said that there is a duty of 3.5k. I told him that it is already paid. He said that it is not mentioned anywhere. I told him that I am not going to pay the duty and he wants he can take it back. Then he said that ok, i found it is written that duty is paid.

I have seen this kind of tricks played by delivery person in the past. If a customer is ignorant and/or desperate to get the product, some of these oversmart idiots try to make money. Also, I have seen they try to charge the duty in international deliveries even if no duty has was charges by custom dept.

All the HFV members, please be informed.

MG DELHI!! You Saviour!!!

Guys, I had ordered ERC-1 from Emotiva on 5th July for $359+Free Shipping. They FedEx'd it the next day to my Borderlinx Suite address. It was delivered on 8th July and I received an email from Borderlinx about it on 9th July. I made the payment for the delivery right away.

The CDp was shipped from US on 10th July and I received it here in Delhi this morning (yes that fast).

MG DELHI, if it wasn't for you.. I would not have said the DHL guy with confidence "Take it back, I am not going to pay". He was asking for Rs. 1800 as duties. After I told him that, he checked with his office and confirmed its paid for.

Thank you so much for sharing that experience. A guy like me would've probably paid the money and then followed up with Borderlinx later. You saved me the hassle and I appreciate it!

For got to add, I didnt go for express shipping. Just the normal shipping which has 8-12 days SLA. However, the actual sihpping was express. Thought I'd Share

^ Paypal is the easiest. Emotiva will send a PayPal invoice and you pay - as simple as that. Wire transfer will require me to move out of my chair :mad: :)

Emotiva accepts only US credit cards, so I had to get my cousin to make the payment on my behalf. I then gave Emotiva my Borderlinx address to ship to. The charge for the shipping, customs and taxes is charged to your Citibank Card by Borderlinx.

@Murali: Thanks for the information about 65Kgs being maximum limit by Borderlinx. Subhash is gonna need this info as he is getting two monoblocks from Emotiva and each weigh around 40 kilos IIRC.

@subash,

I think PayPal / Wire Transfer are the only two options given for International customers. From their document attached with my quote request...

AS Emotiva does not accept international credit cards they only accept cards from USA/ Cannada.

I confirmed with my bank today that direct payment can be made to Emotiva from your local bank here.
All that needs to be done is 2 forms have to be filled up
1- Declaration form
2 - A1 Form

these 2 forms will be mailed to you by your bank ( foriegn exchange dept ) , u need to fill this up and take it to your local bank and issue a check in favour of the particular company ,with a copy of the email of the wire transfer instructions (swift no: is important here)

the charges ---0.25:/: of the total cost to be transfered + 1200/INR for the swift transfer, the transfer wud take 48hrs

i do guess this is quite reasonable, does make it quite simple wasnt aware of this

Guys,

I am not sure about all this. I can confirm I made all my purchases on Emotiva using my India Citibank Mastercard. Has anyone of you tried to make payment using the Indian credit card irrespective of what the website said?

I have made 3 orders in last one week and had no problems in making the payment. So please do try using the India credit card and share.

Jitendra

MG DELHI!! You Saviour!!!

Guys, I had ordered ERC-1 from Emotiva on 5th July for $359+Free Shipping. They FedEx'd it the next day to my Borderlinx Suite address. It was delivered on 8th July and I received an email from Borderlinx about it on 9th July. I made the payment for the delivery right away.

The CDp was shipped from US on 10th July and I received it here in Delhi this morning (yes that fast).

MG DELHI, if it wasn't for you.. I would not have said the DHL guy with confidence "Take it back, I am not going to pay". He was asking for Rs. 1800 as duties. After I told him that, he checked with his office and confirmed its paid for.

Thank you so much for sharing that experience. A guy like me would've probably paid the money and then followed up with Borderlinx later. You saved me the hassle and I appreciate it!

You are welcome buddy. :)

This is not even a small percentage of what this forum has given me. :clapping:

Good to see a company like Emotiva suddenly receiving all this love from hfv members, i always thought it deserved it for making quality equipment at mortal prices.

You are welcome buddy. :)

This is not even a small percentage of what this forum has given me. :clapping:

If this is a regular malpractice, you guys should scan your bills and email the courier company warning them to desist and take corrective measures.

Did you note the name of the delivery person? Mention it in the complaint.

Regards

Hi,

this is more of an emotiva+ borderlinx feedback than borderlinx, but if you use borderlinx as your emotiva shipping address (i.e ship to an us location), emotiva's payment gateway allows you to use a international credit card.

i did for my umc-1 which has been delivered and the amp which is still in transit.

I would like to share another experience. Its sort of Borderlinx / DHL experience.

I recently bought my Arcam A32 amp used on audiogon. The seller ended up shipping without a copy of the invoice.. moreover he packed it in a dell laptop box. I had bought the amp for $700.

Borderlinx scanned the package on arrival and intimated me that they thav recieved my laptop.
I emailed them the copy of the paypal and audiogon emails and they changed it to say its an Arcam A32 amp.
I was later contacted by DHL guys from IGI Airport, Delhi. They said that the customs is not clearing this and that I would need to send a letter to them declaring whats in it and how much is it for.
I did that and they got it cleared for me.
Next day, the reached my place with my package. They had a printed bill for the duties paid the day before. That of 9.5 K !!
All I said to them is that the duties are paid for and they called their office and I had to pay no money!

So again, a great experience with Borderlinx. The idea of sharing my experience was to just show how reliable borderlinx is.

I would also like to comment on their Live Chat support. They are always available and do help with some direct answers!

5 Star ratings for Borderlinx from me!! Just go for it!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back