Experimental Music: try it out! :-)

Sid 29

Hi Guys, posting a few artists who are intriguing me a lot these days hoping to find guys for reviewing and like minded taste.

These artist are at random and some could be classified in a specific Genre open to other opinions.

1. Kognitif(artist) - Soul Food(album)
2. John Frusciante(ex - RHCP Guitarist) - Black Knights - The Almighty Instrumental Mixes
3. Metric

These guys can be found on Bandcamp

Enjoy :)

didnt listen to the above yet, but may i suggest the track 'cashmere cat'? perhaps intriguing again, and melodious too.
others i can recall right now are tracks of the group 'tangerine dream', then the album 'svantai' from Bhavesh Bhatt (i particularly like 'night birds of Tawang' the most), joe satriani's 'wind in the trees', 'enjoy the silence' from depeche mode, many retro-synth tracks from indie artists like 'mitch murder', 'mpm', 'kavinsky', 'tesla boy', etc., then tracks of another solo artist (but sounds like a band) 'the chain gang of 1974', tracks of 'brian jonestown massacre', tracks from the artists rahul sharma (santoor) and hevia (bagpipe). :)

Last edited:
please add OST of the movie/documentary 'life cycles' too in the above. forgot it earlier. most tracks are composed by 'data romance'.

For the benefit of other & Myself listed the artist so that each one can be savoured and critically reviewed to be commented on :)

Have a splendid diwali

PS: Did any one try out those artist that I posted earlier

cashmere cat - Artist
tangerine dream - Artist
album 'svantai' from Bhavesh Bhatt (i particularly like 'night birds of Tawang' the most),
joe satriani's 'wind in the trees',
'enjoy the silence' from depeche mode,
many retro-synth tracks from indie artists like
'mitch murder',
'mpm',
'kavinsky',
'tesla boy',
then tracks of another solo artist (but sounds like a band) 'the chain gang of 1974', tracks of 'brian jonestown massacre',
the artists rahul sharma (santoor)
hevia (bagpipe).

Tried out some songs... I guess I am more into a deconstructivist sort of music

Sent from my MotoE2 using Tapatalk

But for melody try the artist Pretty Light - the time has come

Sent from my MotoE2 using Tapatalk

For the benefit of other & Myself listed the artist so that each one can be savoured and critically reviewed to be commented on :)

Have a splendid diwali

PS: Did any one try out those artist that I posted earlier

cashmere cat - Artist
tangerine dream - Artist
album 'svantai' from Bhavesh Bhatt (i particularly like 'night birds of Tawang' the most),
joe satriani's 'wind in the trees',
'enjoy the silence' from depeche mode,
many retro-synth tracks from indie artists like
'mitch murder',
'mpm',
'kavinsky',
'tesla boy',
then tracks of another solo artist (but sounds like a band) 'the chain gang of 1974', tracks of 'brian jonestown massacre',
the artists rahul sharma (santoor)
hevia (bagpipe).

I have listened to a few by Tangerine Dream - I discovered them while searching for the Street Hawk theme - a favourite series from my childhood.

I have listened to a few by Tangerine Dream - I discovered them while searching for the Street Hawk theme - a favourite series from my childhood.

Street Hawk was a favorite of mine too. Great theme, way better than Knightrider. Definitely brings back some fond memories :)

The Opening narration:
This is Jesse Mach, an ex-motorcycle cop, injured in the line of duty. Now a police troubleshooter, he's been recruited for a top secret government mission to ride Street Hawk -- an all-terrain attack motorcycle designed to fight urban crime, capable of incredible speeds up to three hundred miles an hour, and immense firepower. Only one man, federal agent Norman Tuttle, knows Jesse Mach's true identity. THE MAN...THE MACHINE...STREETHAWK;)

Street Hawk was a favorite of mine too. Great theme, way better than Knightrider. Definitely brings back some fond memories :)

The Opening narration:
This is Jesse Mach, an ex-motorcycle cop, injured in the line of duty. Now a police troubleshooter, he's been recruited for a top secret government mission to ride Street Hawk -- an all-terrain attack motorcycle designed to fight urban crime, capable of incredible speeds up to three hundred miles an hour, and immense firepower. Only one man, federal agent Norman Tuttle, knows Jesse Mach's true identity. THE MAN...THE MACHINE...STREETHAWK;)

Same here :) We all waited for the one instance when he would turn on the super-speed-mode, and the bike would blaze through the streets. I liked the old Knightrider series better than the newer one they brought out later.

Same here :) We all waited for the one instance when he would turn on the super-speed-mode, and the bike would blaze through the streets. I liked the old Knightrider series better than the newer one they brought out later.
I didn't even bother with the new Knightrider. Hardly seen an instance where the re-make was better than the original. The 80's had a certain charm that cannot be replaced.

these days am hooked to the tracks from The Midnight! again, neo retro tracks, most with some vocals (I prefer the pure instrumental ones). tracks like 'collateral', 'kick drums & red wine', 'equalizer (I am not alone)', 'sunset', 'jason', 'lonely city', 'nighthawks', 'river of darkness', 'endless summer', 'vampires' form my daily staple diet these days (esp. 'river of darkness', 'equaliser', 'collateral', depending on the mood I am in......now while typing this, 'kick drums & red wine' started playing in my head out of the blue, so would listen to that today :D).

the best feature I like of them (besides ofc the melodious music) is the energetic & 'aggressive' use of saxophone in their tracks (not in all though)! am not a fan of the saxophone, but only in few soundtracks have I liked the sax, earlier in some from Tears for Fears (like, in 'the working hour'), Men At Work (in 'who could it be now') and may be a couple more, and then in these here! even though being loosely in the genre of neo retro synthwave category, The Midnight's soundtracks differ quite much from other neo-retro artists' works.

you can find their soundtracks on youtube (as usual) and on bandcamp. can purchase them too from the latter.

-----------------

one other track I often listen to these days - 'midnight drive' from Espen Kraft.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back