Expert Help Required for earphone decision

sunandoghosh

Expert Help Required for earphone decision

Rquest all experts to help in buyiong an earphone.
Trying my best to articlaute my requirements as detailed as possible.
Kindly bear long post.

Need to buy earphone

1. Need earphone and not headphone. Meaning I need one is not On-ear or Over-ear closed headphone.
Meaning dont want below types
https://www.amazon.in/s/ref=s9_acss...80f-45bc-8aa5-98a92602f852&pf_rd_i=1388921031

2. Require in ear phones like below
https://www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=earphones

Sorry as I am not sure of terminology so gave link to both examples to make my requirement clear.

3. I need this so that when I go for walking or outside my home I can hear music and talk with people on phone clearly and loudly.

4. The challenge I face is that the earphones I have purchased are not loud enough for listening downloaded YouTube videos so I barely hear when I walk in market or little noisy areas outside.

Recently I purchased 1MORE Piston Fit Earphones with MIC-Silver still sound is only very average and have to push inside hard to hear song.

5. Also mic should be excellent so that I can do kind of hands not holding phone talk. Ideally volume control on mic would be ideal.

6. Ideally strong cable (I m looking for wired as it will be more economical) so that can survive little rough handling.

7. Do you suggest buying sports type open ear phone like one example below but with mic

https://www.amazon.in/Sony-MDR-AS21...09355470&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+sports+earphone

I have been reading tonnes of reviews on amazon and youtube by our Indian experts but still unable to decide. My purchase of 1MORE Piston Fit Earphones with MIC-Silver is not meeting my requirements above.

Do you have any suggestions which can meet my requirements as close as possible to above within max budget of 1500 or max to max 2000 to 2500.

Would be very grateful if you help in detail deciding as want to buy urgently.

Thanks in advance
Reagrds
Sunando

P.S. also if possible should stay easily in ear and not fall easily...hanger type seems more suited but not sure if meets other requirements

Also least damage to ear canals or walls.

Last edited:
Hi

Indeed a long post....

Depending on your budget, you will get a series of IN EAR earphones....with mic...

BOAT brand seems to be doing well and my young brother in law picked it during the Amazon sale.....cable, performance etc is tops....

Altec Lansing used to make excellent ear phones...not available anymore....you could also look at Creative....

I am happy with the ones which came with my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.....if you can source these....nothing like it.....there are many copies out there...ensure you know the model and product number so you don't get cheated when ordering...

All the best

Hi Sunand....

I would heartily recommend the Jaybird X3's, if you are looking for wireless in-ears. I have the older X2's, and they sound lovely to me. Very precise bass too, not too exaggerated like 'beats'.

Hi Sunand....

I would heartily recommend the Jaybird X3's, if you are looking for wireless in-ears. I have the older X2's, and they sound lovely to me. Very precise bass too, not too exaggerated like 'beats'.

Bro appreciate your suggestion but even if i stretch my budget to max...its no where near even price of suggested earphones...so have to let it go...thx though

Hi

Indeed a long post....

Depending on your budget, you will get a series of IN EAR earphones....with mic...

BOAT brand seems to be doing well and my young brother in law picked it during the Amazon sale.....cable, performance etc is tops....

Altec Lansing used to make excellent ear phones...not available anymore....you could also look at Creative....

I am happy with the ones which came with my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.....if you can source these....nothing like it.....there are many copies out there...ensure you know the model and product number so you don't get cheated when ordering...

All the best

Thanks bro...but i would request to suggest specific model number kindly as even boat has so many variations and reviews are so varied that being a layman its so tough to decide..

Do you have any suggestions which can meet my requirements as close as possible to above within max budget of 1500 or max to max 2000 to 2500.

If your mobile has USB type C, you can consider this..

318OiTdLrgL.jpg

The usual 3.5mm in-earphones doesn't have a DAC, would rely on internal DAC of smartphone..

But the USB Type-C in-earphones, has an inbuilt DAC.. The USB port in smartphone gives digital out from the mobile, which is then converted in the in-earphone DAC..

Le Eco USB type-C is the inexpensive one at less than <1K.. It is aval in both amazon.in & Flipkart..

https://www.amazon.in/LeEco-LePDH401IN-Wired-Headphones-White/dp/B01M13QA3X/ref=sr_1_1_mimg_1_ce_display_on_website?ie=UTF8&qid=1509428954&sr=8-1&keywords=leeco+earphones

Please check some youtube videos on the product to get some inputs..

Xiaomi recently launched a more expensive USB type-C in-earphone, you can check that too..But it states that it works with Xiaomi phones only.. My guess is it should still work with any phone with USB Type-C..

If your mobile has USB type C, you can consider this..

318OiTdLrgL.jpg

The usual 3.5mm in-earphones doesn't have a DAC, would rely on internal DAC of smartphone..

But the USB Type-C in-earphones, has an inbuilt DAC.. The USB port in smartphone gives digital out from the mobile, which is then converted in the in-earphone DAC..

Le Eco USB type-C is the inexpensive one at less than <1K.. It is aval in both amazon.in & Flipkart..

https://www.amazon.in/LeEco-LePDH401IN-Wired-Headphones-White/dp/B01M13QA3X/ref=sr_1_1_mimg_1_ce_display_on_website?ie=UTF8&qid=1509428954&sr=8-1&keywords=leeco+earphones

Please check some youtube videos on the product to get some inputs..

Xiaomi recently launched a more expensive USB type-C in-earphone, you can check that too..But it states that it works with Xiaomi phones only.. My guess is it should still work with any phone with USB Type-C..

thank you going through all reviews...but limit to usb type c is limiting factor

I have nexus 6 and also motog4. :sad:

I suppose you like stock android :) You can consider this if you like it..

Type-C will be standard on mobiles going forward.. So if you get the USB Type-C in-earphones now you can also use it when you change mobile in future..

Consider a micro USB to USB Type C adaptor (Micro USB Male to USB Type-C female).. Micro USB also supports digital out.. But mobile need to support OTG function to recognize the Micro USB..

U can take an Micro USB to USB Type-C adaptor & take the Le Eco in-earphones.. So this way, you can use with with your present phones & when you change to a phone that has USB type-C, it is native compatibility..

Note : I haven't tried this, but it should work..

I bought Knowledge Zenith ED9 in ear phones without mic. 1290 inr. Very good quality for the price. Goes very well with my s8 plus. Much better than bundled headphones. Very good bass response. Wide soundstage. Good instrumental separation.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back