Expressions Altec Lansing UHP336 IEMS

Amarbir[Lynx-India]

Guys ,
I did a Research for Some low cost Monitoring type earphones .This Fixed me to Ultimate ears superfi 3 .Upon research i digged and figured out they made these for altec lansing with model no uhp336 .I also did a lot of review on the internet and came to two conclusions

1 : You need a great seal to your ear channel to actually see how they work
2 : the built quality seems to be a issue with lots of people .

Here have a look how they look . Poor Mans Triplefi 10

This Was purchased By my USA Office From Amazon USA And delivered to me today By The Carrier .Anyways the first two points i raised are to be answered ,Well the fitting is indeed as troublesome like the Triplefi10 .I think we have to do all that that the tribplefi10 peeps do .I have got the hang of them now with the double flang eartips but today my ear channel is irritating where the ear starts,I would need to experiment with other tips also .Once i push it hard then it comes out a little and stays there .So definately i would say peeps are right for the same .Bad quality well thats nonesense ,These are monitoring type earphones and hence the 3 ~ 4 Inch if the wire is very stiff and those people do you take care of that section and keep twisting it thus creating tension to the shell of the iem ,BTW these are detachable cables and i am planning to get a cable thats very soft to the very end .

Expressions

!! The Lows !!

The lows are very nice not upstreamed and downstreamed [ More neutral and natural ] ,the first few hours are horrible until its not burned for a few hours ,i am playing music constantly since morning and i feel a great difference in the iem now and before .

The Mids

Well i term this awesome ,I have never heard such clear mids ,the vocals are just perfect with me hearing even the slightest details .These to improve with burnin .

The Highs

Well For starters they sound Too harsh and horrible but with the passage of hours once the burnin was done that stage calmed down and i was able to hear nicely ,this can be improved though ,Its impressive still .

The Soundstage

Well i would term is very natural and balanced ,With scope of improvement on highs ,But i also think it depends on the music ,People interested to listen to english music with like it .The warning is that if you cannot a good seal to your ears forget it buy something else,If it does grab it .I Love These IEM And would be a collectors item and reference grade IEMS To Me to Hear the best details a song could give me .

these things are good as long as they last, mine lasted exactly one year and the right ear piece broke as soon as the warranty expired. The wires are so hard that they exert a lot of pressure on the ear pieces which can cause them to break.

Hi Amarbir, what is the basis of comparing them to tf 10? Just by the looks or by sound quality as well?

Do u know why triple-fi are called triple-fi?

copying from amazon - 3 individual speakers and an integrated passive crossover circuit board directs low-end frequencies to a dedicated speaker for bass

Amarbir[Lynx-India];176964 said:
Poor Mans Triplefi 10

Hi Amarbir, what is the basis of comparing them to tf 10? Just by the looks or by sound quality as well?

Do u know why triple-fi are called triple-fi?

copying from amazon - 3 individual speakers and an integrated passive crossover circuit board directs low-end frequencies to a dedicated speaker for bass

Well,
All People Who look for triple fi know why its called that ,So no point in explaining to me .I deal with portable audio and i am a dealer .I Am Purely taking about looks ,If this IEM has such a non comfort fit to me thank god i never got a tfi 10 for myself lol

these things are good as long as they last, mine lasted exactly one year and the right ear piece broke as soon as the warranty expired. The wires are so hard that they exert a lot of pressure on the ear pieces which can cause them to break.

Well,
The Complete Wire is superb ,The 4 inches near the iem is hard ,i am looking for a soft cable for these .

I am glad you know that. I hope people who read your first post don't get misguided, as this site doesn't only have dealers. Few illiterate people like me also come to this forum :)

Amarbir[Lynx-India];178792 said:
Well,
All People Who look for triple fi know why its called that ,So no point in explaining to me .I deal with portable audio and i am a dealer .I Am Purely taking about looks ,If this IEM has such a non comfort fit to me thank god i never got a tfi 10 for myself lol

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back