Expressions of interest for buying transformers for diy amp ref Linuxguru's thread

Re: Expressions of interest for buying transformers for diy amp ref Linuxguru's threa

OK guys, I'm back in Chennai. Whosoever wants to source the trafo from SV Tronicks can PM me. Alternatively, you can call the vendor and talk to him directly. His mob No. is +91-93810 24803.

I ordered a 300VA R-Core from HYD Little above 2.5k. It will come next week.

cheers

Re: Expressions of interest for buying transformers for diy amp ref Linuxguru's threa

Who is your supplier in Hyderabad? What is his lead time? Does he have C/E or U/L certification?

Hi GeorgeO,

It seems that you are very familiar with all Chennai stuff.

N.Murali

Who is your supplier in Hyderabad? What is his lead time? Does he have C/E or U/L certification?

Designers & Manufacturers Of:LF & HF Power magnetics,Transformers,Inductors,Coils for Industrial,Power & Medical Applications

This vendor was presented by Quad in another post I think.

lead time is 7 to 8 days. Beginning of this week, I just woke up to the fact that buying a trafo is overdue by a month now so made a few frantic calls and settle it within a few hours on Monday. My lack of trust in Miracle was I feel justified, after I asked about quality of iron in the core. Until then Miracle was responding within 15 to 30 mins via email, then suddenly .... pin-drop silence!! No reply to multiple emails. Going by this behavior - the EMAG core is bound to be of better quality than Miracles - the original poster who spoke bad about Miracle cores could be right (diyaudio was it?).

EMAG uses M4 grade This post explains a bit Physics Forums - View Single Post - Questions about transformer

Besides they supply BEL BHEL (who make some of the worlds most advanced radars) and I think their QC is going to be stringent, therefore the general standards of EMAG. So I dropped the CE/UL requirement. :) Also there is 18 months warranty.

I also asked him to put electrostatic shield between primary and 2ndary which he obliged. an R-Core is almost as good as an isolation transformer without its supposed drawbacks - killing the dynamics in music.

300VA Trafo is 3.8 kgs 200VA is 3.1kgs. I went for 0-25, 0-25 5A secondaries to account for voltage sag under peak load. But this was a novice making a decision, I hope it is justified logically.

HTH

Last edited:

Ahh, back to the land of Saravana Bhavan and Ponnuchamy( er, sorry Ponnuswamy!)

Hehehe GeorgeO, there are a quite a few more now. Both the above hotels are not patronised by swish and well heeled any more.

Gobble:

Did you get your tranny from the Hyderabad vendor yet? How does it look?

Gobble:

Did you get your tranny from the Hyderabad vendor yet? How does it look?

No word form the supplier. I will mail him today and check. I guess the dusshera holiday means his workers are on leave.

Cheers

Folks who got their toroidals,
How are the secondaries wired ? Are there 2 sets of 24-0-24
or are there 2 sets of 24-0 ?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back