External speaker

Love4sound

Dear Fm’s

Hope you are all doing good. I need suggestions on an excellent speaker with mic for office use. I don’t use earphones. Main usage will be to use for office calls and training purpose. Voice should be very clear. Tried few speakers in 2-3k range and the voice isn’t clear. Since I will be using it for long hours I would prefer something that can be powered and configured by usb. Kindly suggest few in the budget of 5-10k.

Regards
Navin

Dear Fm’s

Hope you are all doing good. I need suggestions on an excellent speaker with mic for office use. I don’t use earphones. Main usage will be to use for office calls and training purpose. Voice should be very clear. Tried few speakers in 2-3k range and the voice isn’t clear. Since I will be using it for long hours I would prefer something that can be powered and configured by usb. Kindly suggest few in the budget of 5-10k.

Regards
Navin

You need to look for something like this

Possibly you can check other brands available in similar design and features based on available budget

You need to look for something like this

Possibly you can check other brands available in similar design and features based on available budget
No way.I guess u misunderstood my requirement. I need something like this small and compact

SMILEDRIVE Portable Bluetooth Mobile Conference Call Speaker with Omnidirectional Mic, Echo & Noise Cancellation https://amzn.eu/d/71jBLEe

Last edited:
Thanks and hope some one here uses similar speakers. Looking for long term user feedback
I have been using Jabra 510 for over two years now with no issues. It is too expensive though in India. Please see if you can have someone carry it from USA for you.

I have been using Jabra 510 for over two years now with no issues. It is too expensive though in India. Please see if you can have someone carry it from USA for you.
I was wrong with pricing. India pricing is competitive. US used market should still be better though.

I was wrong with pricing. India pricing is competitive. US used market should still be better though.
Ok to bad it can’t be powered using usb cable
The Jabra 510 is good I'm using an earlier version of it Jabra 410 (USB) for more han 8 years and it is something that daily travels with me in my laptop bag
410 still available? I am looking for usb powered speakers. Don’t want the hassle of charging frequently

Ok that’s good to know. How about the voice quality? I need good tonal clarity so I can use it for training videos at low volume.
Very clear for speaker driver of that size. Far exceeds that of the laptop including macbooks, iphones, etc. Plus is that it is very portable.

Is it the best you can get for that price? Definitely no. If you have a very good pair of headphones or a good stereo/avr system, you can use a microphone like the Yeti.

At home I use a Yeti mic. The Yeti mike has a 3.5mm out which I have connnected to my 7.1 channel stereo. The yeti usb cable goes to my macbook pro and gets recognized as a DAC + microphone. All audio gets routed to my AVR and my voice gets picked up by the mike. Most of the time I just connect a headphone to the Yeti mike.

yeti.jpg

Very clear for speaker driver of that size. Far exceeds that of the laptop including macbooks, iphones, etc. Plus is that it is very portable.

Is it the best you can get for that price? Definitely no. If you have a very good pair of headphones or a good stereo/avr system, you can use a microphone like the Yeti.

At home I use a Yeti mic. The Yeti mike has a 3.5mm out which I have connnected to my 7.1 channel stereo. The yeti usb cable goes to my macbook pro and gets recognized as a DAC + microphone. All audio gets routed to my AVR and my voice gets picked up by the mike. Most of the time I just connect a headphone to the Yeti mike.

View attachment 71161

Well main reason for me to look at external speakers is I won’t be using earphones or headphones forever. I am banned from using ear phones or headphones by my ENT due to loud noise damage. The budget speakers are just bassy and loud. I got one from creative and I am not able to hear the trainers voice clearly at low volume.

Well main reason for me to look at external speakers is I won’t be using earphones or headphones forever. I am banned from using ear phones or headphones by my ENT due to loud noise damage. The budget speakers are just bassy and loud. I got one from creative and I am not able to hear the trainers voice clearly at low volume.

The jabra is not bassy. The vocals will be very clear.

The jabra is not bassy. The vocals will be very clear.
Thanks. Could you please check few YouTube videos or Udemy videos and let me know if at low volumes the trainer voice is very clear? Not urgent and do it when ur free

Thanks. Could you please check few YouTube videos or Udemy videos and let me know if at low volumes the trainer voice is very clear? Not urgent and do it when ur free
sure. WIll do it later. Regarding jabra vocals will be very clear. But if you have a very high quality desktop speaker with 3.5mm or rca input, it can be connected to the blue yeti mic. The Yeti mic is better than the jabra mic. In a conf call, the other size will clearly hear your voice.

sure. WIll do it later. Regarding jabra vocals will be very clear. But if you have a very high quality desktop speaker with 3.5mm or rca input, it can be connected to the blue yeti mic. The Yeti mic is better than the jabra mic. In a conf call, the other size will clearly hear your voice.
Thanks.A decent mic performance one will do. Crystal clear vocals is the major requirement.

@Love4sound what did you finally go for and how has the experience been? I'm in the same boat as you.
I got a good Jabra head set from company as a wfh accessory so I use the laptop speaker and head set mic. For all apps the input mic will be the jabra headset mic and output speaker will be the laptop speaker. Solves my purpose without any expense :)

Cool thanks. I'm considering the 410/510 as laptop speakers just don't cut it. If I do take the plunge I'll report back for any others who may benefit from the experience.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back