Extremely low prices on DH Labs cables here

Nice.Are you in the US? If everyone wants, is it feasible for you to bring a small spool so we can make our own? :)

Cheers

Award Winning, Audiophile Quality Cables, Affordable Prices

IC3 and IC1 - similar good vfm products for the real world :)

Unleash,

The IC3 and the IC1 you have mentioned above are Audio Art cables. They are actually designed by DH Labs and made in a factory in Taiwan. The IC3 goes for USD 99 (for 1m length with connectors) by mail-order in the US and have been compared to cables which are several times the price.

I own the IC3 that connects my CA 740c CDP with the Leben CS300 amp. They are every bit the reputation they have earned. One warning: they take burn in time close to 150 hours, a long period (during which the sonics go through awful cycles) only after which they are in their final shape.

Regards.

I'm not in the US now. and will only go there again next summer. I would have considered buying some of it-I have used the same cable for my interconnects, since 2003, it's good stuff. Unfortunately the shipping and handling charge, to a US address, for a minimal order is about $15..

George

I'm not in the US now. and will only go there again next summer. I would have considered buying some of it-I have used the same cable for my interconnects, since 2003, it's good stuff. Unfortunately the shipping and handling charge, to a US address, for a minimal order is about $15..

George

yeah i saw that and it just killed the deal for me. Wish they would do first class USPS for like 10 feet of the cable.

Unleash,

The IC3 and the IC1 you have mentioned above are Audio Art cables. They are actually designed by DH Labs and made in a factory in Taiwan. The IC3 goes for USD 99 (for 1m length with connectors) by mail-order in the US and have been compared to cables which are several times the price.

I own the IC3 that connects my CA 740c CDP with the Leben CS300 amp. They are every bit the reputation they have earned. One warning: they take burn in time close to 150 hours, a long period (during which the sonics go through awful cycles) only after which they are in their final shape.

Regards.

Thanks Asit. I already knew their whereabouts ;) I have a well run-in (not a believer though) used pair as my spare set. Excellent product for the price imo.

Unleash,

Regards.

Asit - if you liked the IC3 - you should check these out.
SoundStage! - The Audio Authority - www.SoundStage.com - Audio Art Cable IC-3SE Interconnects
I did the original review on the IC3 for soundstage and this summer I reviewed the se as a follow up (I ended up buying the review samples - they were that good). Awesome cables for a great price.
Cheers
Sid

Hi Unleash,

Yes, I was quite sure you knew all about them. However, I posted a bit of details for other forum members. I, however, forgot to mention that they are available at ARN Systems in Bangalore at a reasonable price. I got it at the time of my recent amp purchase.

I too held a neutral view about burning-in until a few years ago. But a few first hand experiences have convinced me that passive components like capacitors (definitely the electrolytic type) and cables do break in or burn in and at times after a quite dramatic sequence of sonic events. All these years I believed I was only a music-lover and definitely not a audiophile, but may be, just may be an overdose of hifivision has turned me into an ..... you know what.

Hi Sid,

I read your Soundstage review of the IC-3 a number of times and between the lines before I decided to go for it. Thanks a lot. Besides, Sridhar also recommended it. Yes, I am very happy with the cable and it's a real VFM. Based on your reco, I'll be willing to give the IC-3SE a try if Sridhar keeps them. But all this will happen incrementally, because I have spent too much in the last year.

Regards.

Hi Asit,

May be its true. Especially, speakers do have physical moving components that might loose its 'stiffness' over time. The dealers/sellers could infact demand a premium for ex-demo or used products. Makes one wonder though - why not companies sell burned in products in the first place, if this is a true phenomenon. They do invest large amount of money and resources in developing their products, so why give half baked ones to the end customers?

On the other hand, when will the burn-in be optimum - I'm sure it should reach at some point where one finds the sound satisfactory; and if there is such a stage, how about the road down from there? Will the components continue to burn-in? If they do, won't it be degrading the sonic characteristics - something that has been patiently achieved over these long burn-in periods?

I do understand warm-up but burn-in is still beyond my logic. Like I said earlier, may be its true.

PS: In no mood for the next big war on this. Been there done that - across various forums. Preparing to abscond anytime!

George

Ah I thought you were there and saw a great deal you wanted to share ...

Thanks.

Regards

Hi Asit,

May be its true. Especially, speakers do have physical moving components that might loose its 'stiffness' over time. The dealers/sellers could infact demand a premium for ex-demo or used products. Makes one wonder though - why not companies sell burned in products in the first place, if this is a true phenomenon. They do invest large amount of money and resources in developing their products, so why give half baked ones to the end customers?

On the other hand, when will the burn-in be optimum - I'm sure it should reach at some point where one finds the sound satisfactory; and if there is such a stage, how about the road down from there? Will the components continue to burn-in? If they do, won't it be degrading the sonic characteristics - something that has been patiently achieved over these long burn-in periods?

I do understand warm-up but burn-in is still beyond my logic. Like I said earlier, may be its true.

PS: In no mood for the next big war on this. Been there done that - across various forums. Preparing to abscond anytime!

Hi Unleash,

Actually Audio Art sells burnt-in cables and they charge I think USD 5 or something like that (extra) for the process.

I have answers to most of your questions from a Physics point of view (may not be satisfactory to you) and they are of highly technical sort, but the gist is that a music signal comprising of a superposition of many many frequencies passing through a material medium like a cable is a complex problem and it is not possible to find easy answers in forums like these, although I very often find people talking about these.

It is better not to discuss these in forums because very soon people may take things personally because it may not fit their observations and/or reasoning. I actually do not want to express any dogma even by saying I am a believer or a non-believer. I'd rather respect your own actual experience with systems and cables and such things and would expect others to respect mine. If you say you do not hear any burn-in effects, that's good enough for me. Do you know that the Harbeth designer and Owner (AS) has promised to eat up a whole Harbeth speaker if somebody can prove it to him that there is speaker burn-in? Who am I to contest that? :D

Let us leave this subject for the moment. I just had to write something to clarify my stand on it because you asked a few questions. I have some answers to all your questions, but do not really want to, if you do not mind, but will answer perhaps in private communication if you really want theoretical explanations.

Regards.

Yes Asit - I understand - the spending part I mean:lol:. Unfortunately I have been doing that lately as well - but all in the name of a good cause - better listening sessions:thumbsup:
Cheers
Sid

Do you know that the Harbeth designer and Owner (AS) has promised to eat up a whole Harbeth speaker if somebody can prove it to him that there is speaker burn-in? Who am I to contest that? :D

Trust me, I know this first hand from Alan himself! :)

Regarding the burn-in theory, to each his own. As aptly suggested, lets give it a rest and enjoy the music!

Cheers.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back