F&D Tower Speakers

I was comparing them to multimedia speakers in that price band. even my much more expensive circle arko 80(Microlab solo 6c) runs a linear PSU

good to know that some are still using the arkos. :)

may i know for how much had you got them? i had the arko 100 bought for 7k or less IIRC about 4-5 years ago.

Last edited:
ha i got them on sale from landmark (3.5k :D) I saw someone post about the sale on another forum, and i literally ran out from my office to the nearest landmark where i remembered seeing them, and bought one (even if i didnt need it! ) and carried the whole thing home on my head - they're still running fine

I had bought an F&D A520 around that time for my parents to use with their tv, and it died in 8 months or so, and warranty repair never happened, and finally took it to a local guy who put in a scrap transformer and linear PSU instead. a friend who i recommended the F&D at that time also told me about his PSU also dying - thankfully his got fixed under warranty

Last edited:
oh yes i recall it! you had posted about the purchase here too i think. i had got my arkos from a fellow FM here, alongwith a pair of DSE floorstanders (apparently chinese make again). the former i sold off sometime later, while the tweeter of one of the pair of the latter got damaged one day and i got the whole thing overhauled (including re-bracing of the cabinets) and all the drivers replaced with better ones (peerless, iwai elect., robertson audio) from SMDaudio. while my f&d and edifier systems thankfully survived all these years (except for a blown fuse once on the latter), it always seems to be the case of being lucky (or unlucky) when it comes to elect. devices, more so in the instance of cheaper alternatives while quite often in expensive ones too these days (very sadly).

Thought of giving an update on this. Visited parents recently and they told me that they never turned it on even once :mad:

I decided to put them on sale so turned them on to make sure everything is working fine. Played few tracks and some Youtube from TV app directly. Pleasantly surprised with the SQ especially at the price point. Instrument seperation is really good. Everything feel so effortless. It is no competition to a great set up but I think given the physical volume of cabinets and the combination of the components it works out pretty good. iDidn't have the heart to let them go. Instead, made it even simpler to turn them on and off and making my parents appreciate SQ more (if it is even possible). If only the Optical Output volume can be controlled by TV Volume remote, it would make much more sense to them.

Now hoping that they will use them a bit more

Thought of giving an update on this. Visited parents recently and they told me that they never turned it on even once :mad:

I decided to put them on sale so turned them on to make sure everything is working fine. Played few tracks and some Youtube from TV app directly. Pleasantly surprised with the SQ especially at the price point. Instrument seperation is really good. Everything feel so effortless. It is no competition to a great set up but I think given the physical volume of cabinets and the combination of the components it works out pretty good. iDidn't have the heart to let them go. Instead, made it even simpler to turn them on and off and making my parents appreciate SQ more (if it is even possible). If only the Optical Output volume can be controlled by TV Volume remote, it would make much more sense to them.

Reviving this thread ... watching this youtube video

I can hear some distortion, is this expected.

Hi there!
I have recommended it to my friend on finding your positive response.
We have used it for almost two months and found they are VFM. Immediately I ordered one for me though I have two setups.
They are bang for buck. The blue tooth connectivity is very good. My kid use them for his dance practice and he loves them.
They are very loud and indeed party speakers.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back