Faint Sound From Rear Channels

Glad to know that you too are using openelec in Pi. Are you getting DTS HD displayed in your AVR while playing such files through PI?
Yes I do. Dolby digital , DTS, etc all show up as per the source. Watching transformer - revenge of the fallen and my receiver shows Dolby D.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Thanks Amit for helping me out. I do have 'transformer revenge of the fallen' with HD audio but have not tried it so far. Will check it out. Played couple of HD files with 5.1 or 7.1 audio. Sound do come from rear but faintly when compared to fronts. I would say not even 20% as loud as fronts. Is there any risk in increasing the volume of rear channels from AVR settings?

This is normal, and rear speakers kick in only during some action scenes etc.
You can increase levels for rear if you like, but they will never sound as loud as the fronts.

You could play CD (stereo) and select "multi channel stereo" for rears to sound louder.

Manually increase the rear channel volume in AV RECEIVER and also do iteratively until you are satisfied..hope it works and you can do individual channel speaker test and compare the output..

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back