• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

FAT PS3 80 + extras for 8000/- ... Good Deal?

snorkel4u

Hi,
I am getting a May 2009, US bought, PS3 FAT 80 GB with 2 dual shock controllers and a Blu Ray remote, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Planet Earth Blu Ray.

All this is for 8000 Rs. May be an HDMI cable along with it too.

Do you guys this its a good deal? This will be my first console ever, am not too much into gaming that's why thinking of going for a used piece.

Firmware version is 3.66. Could this be downgraded to 3.55 and jailbroken somehow?

Any heating issues to be noted in older FAT versions?
Please advice.

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

zervinb

Not a good deal. The FAT PS3's are just ticking time-bombs. They have lots of heating issues, and you never know when it will fail.

snorkel4u

Thanks for the feedback. Then, it seems I was lucky, the owner decided NOT to sell it.
I will start looking for the PS3 slim now.

snorkel4u

er... coz I want to try my hands at it :p ?

fyi, back in the college says used to be into PC gaming big time, half life, counter strike, NFS were all my favs.

@ all - Finally was able to get my hands on a PS3 320 GB slim. Now looking for used games.

SPONSORED ADS