Feature Request - New Posts view

santhosh

Hi Mods,
I was wondering if there is a setting you could change to list the pages in the a thead in reverse chronological order.

Scenario: I follow a discussion on a thread which goes on say 10 pages. Whenever I am on HFV, I would like to see what is the latest. When I click on the thread when in "New Posts" view, I am taken to the first page which could even have a time delay if pictures are present on first page. I then click on the highest number or "Last page" to get to the latest post. Apart from taking longer, pictures get downloaded even though you have already seen them thus affecting speed and also download limits(for some who are not on an unlimited plan)

IMO, it would be a lot easier if we show the latest page first. Members who came in late can navigate to the first page to catch up.

I have seen this other forums having this feature and found it to be useful.

Please let me know if this is just a setting in UserCP or elsewhere that I need to make.

HI Santhol,

In User CP , You have "edit options" on the left side list in that go to "Thread Display Options" and select "Linear - Newest first". This displays the latest post first in a thread. Hope that is what you are asking for.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hmmm, we used to research only Hifi gadgets, not the tools of Hifi forum...and thanks to "only_me"

U R Welcome!!

There are somany senior members (Hi Fi Gurus) who are researching on the gadgets on behalf of Us to guide us in the right direction in HI FI.. So I am doing this..

Thanks

U R Welcome!!

There are somany senior member (Hi Fi Gurus) who are researching on the gadgets on behalf of Us to guide us in the right direction in HI FI.. So I am doing this..

Thanks

Hi Mods,
I was wondering if there is a setting you could change to list the pages in the a thead in reverse chronological order.

Scenario: I follow a discussion on a thread which goes on say 10 pages. Whenever I am on HFV, I would like to see what is the latest. When I click on the thread when in "New Posts" view, I am taken to the first page which could even have a time delay if pictures are present on first page. I then click on the highest number or "Last page" to get to the latest post. Apart from taking longer, pictures get downloaded even though you have already seen them thus affecting speed and also download limits(for some who are not on an unlimited plan)

IMO, it would be a lot easier if we show the latest page first. Members who came in late can navigate to the first page to catch up.

I have seen this other forums having this feature and found it to be useful.

Please let me know if this is just a setting in UserCP or elsewhere that I need to make.

Santhosh,

If I've understood you correctly - You wanted to probably see the last unread isn't it - You click on the Blue coloured arrow next to the posters name on the main menu which takes to your last unread, surely you can catch up with this.

Sorry if this what you are not after. Early Morning blues :D

HI Santhol,

In User CP , You have "edit options" on the left side list in that go to "Thread Display Options" and select "Linear - Newest first". This displays the latest post first in a thread. Hope that is what you are asking for.

Thanks
Had tried this already and tried again. What this does it lists the posts in reverse order. i.e., if I ask a question and someone replies. My question appears below the answer. This is very difficult to read. This is not what I am after.

I want the pages to be sorted in reverse chronological order by default. Let me try to wake up teky with my explanation:lol:...

Currently when you click on Home, you see several posts without any numbering next to the posts. Then I click on my favourite lenghty thread that I follow regularly. I am taken to the first page and see numbers 1,2,3,4,5 Last Page.

Here is how I want it: I click on Home and see serveral posts without any numbering next to the posts. Then, I click on my favourite lenghty thread. I should be taken to the most recent page instead of the first page. I should see numbers 5,4,3,2,First Page. Here I save one step of loading the first page and then again clicking Last Page.

I have seen this on other forums that I am a member of which use the same vBulletin software/forum template as HFV. So, it must be a site settings thingy.

Santhosh,

If I've understood you correctly - You wanted to probably see the last unread isn't it - You click on the Blue coloured arrow next to the posters name on the main menu which takes to your last unread, surely you can catch up with this.

Sorry if this what you are not after. Early Morning blues :D
No buddy, this is not what I was after. I will read this first thing tomorrow morning. May understand what you are trying to say:D.

Amarbir[Lynx-India];109833 said:
Hi ,
Forum On Kick ass Script called vbulletin - > Purchase vBulletin, the most powerful forum software available. .Its a Paid script and very expensive

Yes Sirji, I was already aware of HFV being run on vBulletin and have mentioned it in post #7 on this thread. This is my favourite Forum software and I am a member of several forums which use this software. I find this vBulleting much more organised and intuitive than the others. Thanks for sharing though:)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back