Feedback on onkyo dvdp 504G

anm

I saw this dvdp (just the unit lying, not a demo) in reliance digital, priced at 10k. On amazon I think it is going out for $80.
This has HDMI, uscaling, SACD/ DVDA etc. Does anyone has any experience with this unit? How good/ bad is it for music.
Amazon has many reviews pointing out problems with reading disks. Is it another "dump" of kachra product in Indian market at hi fi price?

regards

I saw this dvdp (just the unit lying, not a demo) in reliance digital, priced at 10k. On amazon I think it is going out for $80.
This has HDMI, uscaling, SACD/ DVDA etc. Does anyone has any experience with this unit? How good/ bad is it for music.
Amazon has many reviews pointing out problems with reading disks. Is it another "dump" of kachra product in Indian market at hi fi price?

regards

hi, am using this onkyo 504e dvdp for quiet some time now ,its a decent player,i bought mine for much more abt 2 yrs back (16k) it upscales to 720p /1080i, its absolutely fine with original dvds ,SQ/PQ is good, tends to skip with dvd rs, have no idea with music as i dont play cds on them( am sure it will not be good for music )

Hi,

I dont think anything named Onkyo can be good for music. Its only for HT.Its better to go for either an Oppo or CA DV99, the later has been reviewed by sushanth in the forum and he has vouched for the SQ.

@anm: I may settle for the CD53 today. Tired of waiting for the CD67. Dealer is quoting 4.5k for it.

cheers,
sri

For 4,500 bucks how wrong can you go? Even if you upgrade 6 months from now you won't regret it!

Hi,

I dont think anything named Onkyo can be good for music. Its only for HT.Its better to go for either an Oppo or CA DV99, the later has been reviewed by sushanth in the forum and he has vouched for the SQ.

@anm: I may settle for the CD53 today. Tired of waiting for the CD67. Dealer is quoting 4.5k for it.

cheers,
sri

I may settle for the CD53 today. Tired of waiting for the CD67. Dealer is quoting 4.5k for it.

Sri, why are you in such a hurry? Can't you wait for the CD67 and then compare? I've heard good things about it. Obviously all the standard checks for buying used stuff apply.

Regards

actually that's better advice......if it's a question of waiting, why not wait. With used equipment, patience is the biggest virtue.

Sri, why are you in such a hurry? Can't you wait for the CD67 and then compare? I've heard good things about it. Obviously all the standard checks for buying used stuff apply.

Regards

Hi,

The deal breaker for me is CD67 is without the remote. Already i have an amp without remote. CDP without one will be too much of a bother.

sri

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back