Feedback on Purchases from other Forum Members

reubensm

Hi all, just read through a frustrating experience once of our FMs had while dealing with another. Was wondering if we need a space where FMs can post their feedback about purchases through the forum. Of couse, the post can relate to the overall experience, state of the item as described, packaging, etc. This can also give FMs valuable insight into packing techniques, etc. Personally I've had immense pleasure dealing with our fellow FMs. I hope those who have dealt with me have been happy with their dealing as well. Not sure if this is the right place to post this. Mods, please evaluate. Thanks.

In my opinion it has been a mixed bag for me. Just want people to be aware of statements like "never used", 10/10, "in original packaging" since if you do find the item to be not as described in any manner after purchase you might get back an answer that "I had never used it so cant say", etc.

Again many a time I have found people to put up a different reason for sale to hide any limitation of a product which probably has been realized post purchase, may not be a manufacturing defect though but may also be a feature that the owner was not happy with unless he / she used it by self.

Some folks seem to register with different ids to bump up their Sale thread, some register only to sell, however there are still a lot of very good folks here who have consistently posted real good things on sale and needless to say those items have not lasted for long as unsold. Sometimes I felt being slow :) to have responded late to such sale items and having missed the deal.

Again many a time I have found people to put up a different reason for sale to hide any limitation of a product which probably has been realized post purchase, may not be a manufacturing defect though but may also be a feature that the owner was not happy with unless he / she used it by self.

This should be ok. If there is a feature i am not happy with, does not mean someone else wont be, the buyer might not even need the feature. Its not the responsibility of a seller to educate the buyer about the product and its features, its the buyer's job to do the homework!!

This should be ok. If there is a feature i am not happy with, does not mean someone else wont be, the buyer might not even need the feature. Its not the responsibility of a seller to educate the buyer about the product and its features, its the buyer's job to do the homework!!

I agree that buyer should do the homework, but that does not give the seller a reason why he/she should mask the real reason for sale.

My buying experience is always good or very good!

Manniraj Bought Xtremer E Trays V Good Experience
Jaudere gifted me Speakers Thanks
Malvai The partyman!Gifted me a good Cable ,Bought some vinyl from him in fantastic condition , also he offered his TT on credit when he barely knew him ( My Bad still regret not accepting offer!) Fantastic person, We executed a quick group buy.. we met many times when he was in mumbai .manav was accused of not even offering water btw my experience was same HE OFFERED VODKA, BEER , RUM , GOOD WINE ---- SO FULLY ACCEPTED AND APPRICIATED!!
Jaibir Gem of a person He is very intelligent and silent type. He is the person who will tell whatmight be the problems appreciating his gear being sold. Bad selling strategy but it builds faith on person. Bought a DAC and apple airport express . He gifted me a t amp and DIY cable So Sweet!
Kapvin Da King !He gave me his projector screen for free! Then I bought a receiver and optical swicher!
Another member totally inactive now I bougt a working pc.
Bought a Sonodyne Pre from Blore Dave facilitated that anyway .

Sorry If I have omitted someone.

I have numerous buyers from forum and barring very few (with whom sell never materialized) , my experience is very good.

Likewise... i have always had a good experience with Hemant....

then there are a few more names i'd like to mention...

1. Bhagwan/Shanti (my most recent experience): Excellent host, clean and transparent on ALL aspects. A living repository of Hi-fi!
2. skljesus: Excellent gentleman in all ways.
3. Dinyaar: another amazing person... truly.
4. Santhol2: superb guy! like minded soul.
5. Prem: awesome person to know.
6. Rbalagopalan: excellent person. very transparent.

all these people have been clean and transparent weather buying or selling...

there are a few whom i would not like to name,as they are total disasters.... would never transact with them again.

there are a few whom i would not like to name,as they are total disasters.... would never transact with them again.

Hey I guess the purpose of the thread is also to warn other members about those who are being unfair / deceptive in selling their items. So bring 'em on! Let them face the heat (if they really worry about their credibility).

As long as we maintain the sanctity of the thread, such open discussions should help others to be wary of dishonest members ( I don't think there are many). It would also create a pressure for the new sellers to be fair to the buyer by all means.

Ofcourse we have to keep in mind that the following should not be over emphasized though the buyer would have his own expectations on these:
1. Inadequate packing
2. Minor scratches or dirt
3. Delay in dispatching
4. Shipping charges
5. After sales support :p

But what are not appreciated from a seller IMO:
1. Significant wear n tear/ damages that were not specified in the sale thread
2. Grossly inappropriate indication of product condition
3. Non functioning features
4. Mentioning wrong warranty status / purchase date
5. No bill enclosed if its under warranty
6. Different model no.
7. Not including necessary / promised accessories
8. Major repair/ servicing done - not disclosed

and so on.

Last edited:
I think I can only disclose in PM to potential buyers if I find future sale thread from my own black listed candidates. Otherwise it may not look good and may turn out dirty game blaming each other openly.

I think you are right. This thread is all very good while people are being nice about each other, but when and if the dissatisfied customers start posting it could indeed get dirty.

Anyway, it is heartening to see the success stories, and strengthening to the community.

In the instance that buyers find a seller to be actually dishonest, I think they are (and should) going to post about that anyway. It is the internet, and nobody had to give references to get in here.

Oppo 981 --> Bought from dillihifi --> Excellent experience
SB Touch --> Bought from sivakuru --> Excellent experience

Both the items are running strong. Thank you dillihifi and sivakuru.

I did not have a good experience from one fellow member in mumbai. Not mentioning his name to avoid unnecessary conflicts.

I had got my Technics turntable from FM omishra. A wonderful person to deal with and a true gentleman, not to mention the fact that he is a 'diy' champion.

Regards,
APK

I know it could ugly if we do so, but there is no point in a feedback thread, if no one mentions negative feedback.

recently I bought a used BDP from Baijuxavior, clear, transparent and patient enough to tolerate my queries. I guess at the end of the day both of us were happy, buying from a few selective FM is always a pleasure.

I never ever wrote (nor I will do) anything that may hurt the seller in the sell section, my point is if you don't like some part of the deal just stay away

I guess as long as every sale thread is closed after recieving feedback from the buyer on receipt of item, a prospective buyer can always look up sale threads from the same user and verify the seller has behaved in past deals. Buyer beware, as usual.

In my case the sale thread was closed without my feedbacks, so I did not get that chance. Mods closed the thread on request from the seller FM. Missed the train, but I do agree that would be the best way. I could only PM the FM who made excuses and bypassed "he was unaware since never used and hence never knew, moreover this is a general issue with this brand of items, etc etc"

Yes I agree that there is no point in a feedback thread if we are not going to post negatives. But we can discuss how best we can improve this process. Another option is to put a selling reputation (not sure of forum board supports it) but again that will make this forum like ebay which again is not desirable. Or else mods can grant x reputation points depending on buyers feedbacks which can be negative (impacting sellers reputation) if buyer gives a negative feedback. So the seller will again need to regain that reputation in forum. All my imagination.

1) I would like to mention FM Shivam, from whom I bought LPs. He dispached with perfect packing, great pieces. Other FMs like Dinyaar are a pleasure to deal with.
2) The issue of why the seller is selling is irrelevant if the product is not defective. Obviously the seller has a better choice for one reason or the other. All product defects must be stated in detail, rather than silly items like "reason to sell".
3) I am told by an FM that buyers like to make sure that the seller is not making a "profit" and hence demand a discount wrt the purchase price of the seller. It is the most absurd thing I have heard, and sellers on this forum should not encourage such conversation or disclosure at all. The only criterion should be whether alternatives at a better price are available to buyers. If the seller has not priced attractively, the item wont sell. But no point dragging the conversation into such shallow territory as seller's purchase price.
4) one option I would like to have is to block PMs from any FM I would not like to associate with. This facility is not available. There was this case where in response to a wanted ad, i PMed the buyer mentioning my price and the advantages and drawbacks. As the conversations progressed, the seller adopted the point of view that I should not be charging the quoted price unless i could assure him that the product would continue functioning fully, in other words, include a performance guarantee. This for a 10 year old item. Then he became very abusive. All this when I had clearly told him that I would not like to transact with him, we had not discussed payment etc. No matter what i tried I could not block the chappie. Complaints to mods were noted, but the foul and abusive messages kept coming. A most annoying experience which stopped only when I managed to restrain myself from responding and the buyer lost interest.

My experiences :

1. GIGI : Pioneer HK 1019 AVR : Slight misunderstanding on both sides. But deal went smooth. Came with good packing.

2.S.P.Krishna : Onkyo 576 AVR : Nice Gentleman, transaction was smooth. Product was packed nicely, and got in time.

3.Azotguy : sony bookshelves + ipod dock for onkyo : Good packing, smooth transaction.

4. Kartick : Rotel 312 Vintage stereo amp : Nice dealing with him, Amp well maintained, works flawlessly. Excellent packing.

5.Soulforged : Yamaha 463 And DAC : I collected the items @ his house. Smooth Dealing. And got to know his gear. Gentleman and passionate about music.

As I am experimenting with various AVR and amps, I tend to buy much more in future. Thanks to all the sellers.

I was in Bangalore over last weekend and picked up the B&W DM3000 speakers from Santhosh, and the Akai GX630D (with some Grundig gear) from Coaltrain. I must say that the experience in dealing with both of them was fantastic. Santhosh was extremely courteous and was a generous host. Coaltrain went out of the way to help reach the gear to me.

The gear from both Santhosh and Coal train was as described and well packed. I am extremely happy with the purchase.

Last edited:
Picked up Acurus L10/ A250 pre power combo from Ramesh. Good quick deal excellent person to deal with. Very happy with the set up

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back