Feedback on Sennheiser RS 220

rahuln

I am looking for wireless headphone for TV in the living room for quite some time.

The key blocker for me so far was all of them were using the headphone jack to connect. If I connect the headphone jack to TV all other audio output is blocked including the optical out. Since the headphone jack on my TV is on the backside and with wall mount it becomes quite difficult to plug-in time to time.

Finally, the a solution showed up in the form of Sennheiser RS 220. It has optical in and it acts a pass thru when turned off. This really works well with my setup.

I was about to make the purchase but the reviews on Amazon are very mixed.

Now my questions,

1. Is there any local place in Hyderabad where I can audition these?
2. Anyone here using them and can help me?

Rahul.

Your TV would have settings, you can change the Analog out as headphone or separate stereo as well. My TV has this settings option, you shd chk your tv manual regarding the settings.

PM techboy, a member of this forum. I believe he has the RS220 (or the RS180, dont remember exactly). When I was getting the HD650 I had had a discussion with him on wireless options and he mentioned that the RS220 sounds nearly as good as the HD650, which in my opinion is high praise

I don't have RS 220. I had RS 180. RS 220 is about as good as a HD 558/598. Not in the same league as a HD 600 or HD 650. However, in case you don't have a well amped HD 600 or well amped HD 650, then a RS 220 is likely going to sound better.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back