Female Newbie

Nancy

Good Day

My name is Nancy (yes, Female) and a complete novice, though in my household I am the electronic go to person... I think this is only due to the fact that I like research and everyone else is just lazy and of course rely on me to do the research for them. LOL...I Accidentally found the site and glad I did.

My son purchased a Panasonic plasma TH-50PZ 700V 2 1/2 years ago and last week the TV would not go on, but a a series of blinking lights. The repair guy said not to bother to fix due to the ridiculous price on the parts and of course the TV is no longer under warranty. It seems outrageous that an expensive TV that should just die like this.

Last year I purchased a Samsung LN 46A 650 and overall happy but now the dilemma of purchasing a new TV to replace the big 50" plasma..begins, though thinking an LCD might be a better choice due to high sunlight in this room.

Any IDEAS or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Accidentally found the site and glad I did. My son and I are looking to purchase a new TV.

Last year I purchased a Samsung LN 46A 650 and overall happy but now the dilemma of purchasing a new TV to replace the big 50" plasma..

Any IDEAS or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Any views on projectors? 50 inches and beyond, projectors have more VFM. That is, if you intend to use it for watching movies.

Cheers

Not posting related to your query... Quoting "Female" is not necessary to have attention on your thread and I don't think members with waterfall are here:)

welcome to the forum.. lcd yes is a good choice for a more bright room..

as u stated u have a 46 in tv.. u can also try for a projector.. as they are quite competetive in terms of price in US.

also whats ur budget for the Tv and the size u are looking for..

Hearty welcome to hifivision.I thank you for having chosen this wonderful forum.I hope you enjoy being a member here.
Sincerely,
pksnathan

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back