Few basic questions on Philips 3571 HTIB - Power ON/OFF

sun244

Friends,

I bought 3571 yday and hooked it up. The system is one powerful box for size, it is excellent.

Some basic questions:

1. I have connected player, Set-top, TV. What I am trying to figure is power on/off. At times, When I power on TV the HTiB turns on. When I turn the HtiB ON to listen to Radio, the TV turns itself ON-in addition to Radio coming ON. I can understand the HTiB coming ON, when I turn TV ON. I cannot understand why TV has to come ON when I try power to listen to Radio. How to control this?

2. I had Hermon, Pioneer and BOSE in US. Speaker connection cables were directly connected (no darn connectors). Based on my previous experience, I had done concealed cabling in my living room for my speakers on back side. Now Philips cables have come with connectors on one end and speakers on the other end of the cable. I want to aviod cables hanging out in my living room. Looks like I have to cut the supplied cable at both ends and do the connections to use the concealed cable. Any of you did this? I hate to cut the original cable. Your comments please.

3. How are you managing the proliferation of remotes. I have three remotes : DVD, HtiB, and Set-Top. Kind of hard for kids to operate. I vaguely remember another thread where someone replaced all three remotes to one. Any of you bought these all-in-one remotes?

Thank You

Sunder

1. I have connected player, Set-top, TV. What I am trying to figure is power on/off. At times, When I power on TV the HTiB turns on. When I turn the HtiB ON to listen to Radio, the TV turns itself ON-in addition to Radio coming ON. I can understand the HTiB coming ON, when I turn TV ON. I cannot understand why TV has to come ON when I try power to listen to Radio. How to control this?

This is because you are using HDMI easy link feature.Each manufacturer uses their own trademarked name: LGs is SimpLink, Panasonics is EZ Sync, Sony BRAVIAs is Theatre Sync, Samsungs is Anynet, and Toshibas is CE-Link.
What it does essentially is, do away with using 2 remotes.Switch off the link feature from Philips DVD HTIB and you are done.
2. I had Hermon, Pioneer and BOSE in US. Speaker connection cables were directly connected (no darn connectors). Based on my previous experience, I had done concealed cabling in my living room for my speakers on back side. Now Philips cables have come with connectors on one end and speakers on the other end of the cable. I want to aviod cables hanging out in my living room. Looks like I have to cut the supplied cable at both ends and do the connections to use the concealed cable. Any of you did this? I hate to cut the original cable. Your comments please.
Connect the cables by cutting into ends from both sides and solder it.Should not make much difference then. Yes i did it after satisfying my self using multimeter.

3. How are you managing the proliferation of remotes. I have three remotes : DVD, HtiB, and Set-Top. Kind of hard for kids to operate. I vaguely remember another thread where someone replaced all three remotes to one. Any of you bought these all-in-one remotes?
Well all in one remotes are not necessary but life is good with Logitech Harmony.:clapping:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back