Finally bought my new customize HT..

sachinv_81-albums-my-ht-picture737-img-20160110-200443.jpg
[/IMG]

Hi
Congratulations for your HT setup
I am also planning for buying a HT setup..
I as thinking for HTIb OF YAMAHA yht-299 or yht-2910..
but as I read your thread..I have started thinking about your setup also
I am not much into sound..So dont know much..
MY main purpose is to watch movies on it..I have ordered 3d full HD projector..so please suggest your view about setting your setup for watching movies
thanks

I haven't seen any movie on this yet but will share my views in some days.

YHT 299 is good but it has small speakers where these floor standing speakers are far better in compare to those.

refer the first post for pricing..

I bought Yamaha 8390 from Infibeam @16.5k after 6% discount from the site but its currently out of stock. You can check with them for next availability.

Yamaha NS-8390 Home Theatre System Price: Buy Yamaha NS-8390 Home Theatre System Online in India - Infibeam.com

Yamaha NS-P51 Speaker Price: Buy Yamaha NS-P51 Speaker Online in India - Infibeam.com

Any suggestion for the region free BDP.. My budget is bit cramped :( under 10k

The one i have shortlisted is PHILIPS BDP2385/94 (8.4k @amazon.in) which is not region free. I'm looking for some advance features like Wi-Fi, Mirroring, 1080 Up scaling, MPEG-4 (Audio & Video) play through USB etc.

Please suggest.

Last edited:
After all the set up i was wondering as why i am not able to get 5.1 (Dolby) out from the Videocon D2H. I connect the D2H directing to the AVR (via HDMI) & changed the audio out from language setting to Dolby Digital.. There it was..:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: I can now see "DD" on the AVR screen:yahoo::yahoo:
Changing the Audio out to Dolby Digital was the culprit :D

Previously i had connected D2H directing to my LED TV & was pulling the Audio via S/PDIF cable to AVR & only "Digital" was getting displayed on the AVR screen.

I purpously didn't connected D2H directly to AVR as it will require the AVR to be kept on for all the time i am watching the TV but.. but.. I was not aware about a very helpful (in terms of power consumption) setting on this AVR until i read the operation manual. It says, if DTH is connected to AVR directly then no need to keep the AVR ON all the time to enjoy the video & audio out. If the AVR is on standby, still it passess through the video & audio out to the TV. Now that's what i wanted :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Don't know if this is common on recent AVR model but it is helping be :yahoo:

Today i saw "Life of a Pie" & "Hellboy II" on star movies HD & here is my feedback.

Pros :
A. Crystal clear Dolby sound
B. Sub was very much active & througing quality bass even on 40% volume. i have ready few threads where people were saying that Polk PSW 110 can only throw booming sound when volume above 60%.. this is absolutely wrong. This purely depends on what the input is for sub.
C. Amazing surround effects
D. Sub was producing clear low frequency
E. Didn't require to go above 30 (volume), was enough to make it a theater effect :clapping: :clapping:
F. more then satisfied with the quality output from Yamaha speakers & audio amplification from Pioneer AVR

Cons :
Nothing so far.

Now the plan is to watch movie on BDP, can someone please suggest on my query above (for BDP).

Thanks,
Sachin.

The one i have shortlisted is PHILIPS BDP2385/94 (8.4k @amazon.in) which is not region free. I'm looking for some advance features like Wi-Fi, Mirroring, 1080 Up scaling, MPEG-4 (Audio & Video) play through USB etc.

Please suggest.

Suggestion please..

Please suggest.

Any suggestion for the BDP..??

Last week i bought Philips BDP 2385 & after connecting the same, i found the Wi-Fi is not working. It shows as connected, also takes the IP from the router but no data transfer as such. Philips engineer visited my place last Saturday & did a troubleshooting for 4 hrs but no luck. He said this is a common project reporting with this model hence has returned the product & now again hunting!! Now i will go with a simple BDP with no extra ordinary features like Wi-Fi, Mirecast, DLNA etc..

Apart of the Wi-Fi issue, rest all features were excellent.. Up-scaling, Blu Ray playback (disc & USB) DD+ surround sound etc.

If you are okay for without free then Pioneer BDP-170 is perfect choice. It has Wi-Fi, Miracast too.

Hi, have assembled a similar system to your. Denon avr x1200w with Yamaha ns8390 fronts n pioneer s ms3sw 12 inch sub. Planning to get the ns p51 in a couple of weeks!

Hello friends,

I requested some expert advises for buying a HT system & got few but valued feedback. I was initially planning for HTiB (Sony IV300) but then after reading different forums & suggestion, I changed my mind & increase my budget to own a good HT.
http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/61091-expert-advises-home-theater.html

After a long explore on internet & demo sessions in Kochi, I finally booked my new customize HT system :yahoo::yahoo: :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:
Below are the details...

Pioneer 524K AV Receiver = 23500 from ebay.in (Vendor - Audiomaxxindia)
Yamaha NS-8390 Tower speakers = 16400 from Infibeam

Yamaha NS-P51 (Centre + Surround) = 8900 from Infibeam
(This is the UK version, same as the Indian version NS-P60)

Polk Audio PSW110 Sub-woofer = 16640 from ebay.in (Vendor - Audiomaxxindia)

All the above products has a ONE year India warranty from respective brands except Polk Audio which comes with 3 yrs woofer warranty & one yr circuit warranty in India.

Saved almost 25k buy going with online shopping :yahoo: :yahoo:

All these are expected to get delivered in Kochi by 5-6 Jan. Excited to experience my new world :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

Also will be buying either of these Bluray players by the month end.
Philips BDP2190 - 6.7k
Samsung BD-H4500 - 6.4k

Suggestion on these Bluray players? or any other which is better then these & in budget of below 7k..??

Will share my experience soon :yahoo::yahoo:

Thanks,
Sachin.
The same product is now referred as 32k in Flipkart. Any idea why so much difference. Pioneer VSX- 524K. There is something I am missing

Back