Review -> [My HT SetUp] Yamaha RX V373 + Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1

@shibashis - thanks for your help. I will change my AVR settings as you suggested and share my sound experience.

Hey friend can you tell me one important answer regarding your Yamaha 373 AVR, is it true that we need to ON the AVR for using its HDMI pass through function? means if we want to watch DTH we will have to ON the AVR properly?? OR signal is passing by in standby mode??? I have read this not so major problem in one review. Thanks in advance.

Hey Sukhir - I am impressed with your thought.
HDMI Standby passthrough is not available in RX-V373. I have bought this receiver considering the fact about this feature being available and this is one of the most interesting feature available only with Yamaha receiver (as far as my knowledge is concern). This feature is very helpful for family members who forgot to turn on AVR or don't want to turn on AVR and enjoy audio from TV.

It is my bad luck that I ended up with RX-V373 but I would strongly recommend to go with RX-V473 by spending some extra bucks and you will get this feature. All the best and keep me posted on your buy.

Thanks

Can you please help me with sound setup using AVR RX-V373 for best audio output?
I am using NS-P40 speaker system and would like to configure.

I tried it using YPAO and not happy with output. Thanks in advance.

Nice review Srinivas.
I stay in Hyderabad and I am also planning to build my first home theater system :yahoo: with a budget of 50k. I am thinking of two front tower speakers+center,surround speakers+subwoofer+AV Receiver. Will I get this setup for 50k. I want to spend 20-25k on AVR and the rest for speakers.
Please suggest me some good showrooms for speakers (tower speakers in particular) and AVR in Hyderabad.

Thanks Rupam for recommending 1513 in same budget range with this latest standby pass-through function.
Snshah as I have decided to go with Wharfedale MS-100 so no point of getting pricey 473 just for pass through function. I don't want Airplay. As ultimately it is affecting my Plasma TV selection between 2 & 3 HDMI ports so I asked this question. Thanks & Good Luck with your pending setup.

@Rupam

Music is good but when compared to movies it's not listenable. I never played from Original CD's but I only played downloaded 320kbps mp3's. I think there might be a change in audio quality if I use Original MP3 CD's based on your post

Hi,
It depends on which speaker & sub you are using. I am using yamaha for more than 2 years. It is very good for music and movie. And your receiver is very basic model.

Is Yamaha RX-V373 av receiver is harmful for Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS 5.1.As the maximum output of these speakers is 100 watts but the receiver delivers maximum 150 watts.On full volume of the receiver can these speakers sounds well. I m not confirm about the watts calculation but i heard it some other forum that it may harm the speakers.

Not @ all buddy... Efficiency/Sensitivity of the speaker is what matters....Not power....

Going by the specs, your satellite speakers (Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS 5.0) are 85db sensitivity... So it need a reasonably good amount of power which your AVR is capable of...... No worries..:)

Thanks..elangoas...then why hifimart.com sells Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS with marantz nr 1402 receiver.

Thanks..elangoas...then why hifimart.com sells Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS with marantz nr 1402 receiver.

Higher the sensitivity, lesser the power required by the amplifier....

I haven't heard the Marantz NR 1402..So no comments...Probably good partnering equip...

Back