Finally the Hifi arrives

>>>
Thank you for your kind words.
Today I have unpacked, but not set up the rig. It will tak
2a6b4ec9-8ae0-5a95.jpg
2a6b4ec9-8af4-4f5c.jpg
e a few more days for me (I am not a DIY guy at all and so will require assistance to put it up). Once the rack arrives the two tables shown in the snaps will disappear .
2a6b4ec9-8b3d-592e.jpg
2a6b4ec9-8b4d-c7c0.jpg
2a6b4ec9-8b65-1761.jpg
2a6b4ec9-8b73-a68a.jpg
2a6b4ec9-8b85-16f8.jpg
2a6b4ec9-8b94-6591.jpg
2a6b4ec9-8ba1-37cc.jpg
2a6b4ec9-8bb1-973a.jpg
2a6b4ec9-8bbe-e940.jpg
2a6b4ec9-8bcf-24f3.jpg
2a6b4ec9-8bdc-ceb5.jpg
2a6b4ec9-8bf0-1e76.jpg
2a6b4ec9-8bfc-3a46.jpg
2a6b4ec9-8aae-2075.jpg
2a6b4ec9-8ac5-d869.jpg
A few snaps for your viewing pleasure. The album and the fountain pen have been gifted by Herr Dusch. The expectations rise.
Regards
issigonis

>>>

I am nearly bankrupt, the Einstein would have pushed me over!

Ha haa....I can relate to that feeling. I have been bankrupt for an year now after picking up the Fun 17 ! But it is worth every penny.

What amplifier are you running them with ? Is that a Trigon ?

Congratulations for acquiring the EMT.

>>>
Thank you for your kind words.
Today I have unpacked, but not set up the rig. It will tak
2a6b4ec9-8ae0-5a95.jpg
2a6b4ec9-8af4-4f5c.jpg
e a few more days for me (I am not a DIY guy at all and so will require assistance to put it up). Once the rack arrives the two tables shown in the snaps will disappear .
2a6b4ec9-8b3d-592e.jpg
http:A few snaps for your viewing pleasure. The album and the fountain pen have been gifted by Herr Dusch. The expectations rise.
Regards
issigonis[/QUOTE]

Great buy. Happy listening. Play some vinyls atleast for 2+ hours to fully energize the tools.
You will fell happy to spend on buying many more vinyls..... :)
Recommend to update your signature with all these wonderful tools.

Last edited:
>>>
Set it up today.
Josh very graciously came over to help with the anti skating & the tone arm height.
We listened to a few pieces Dire Straits, Joss Stone, Jugalbandi- Vilayat Khan & Bismillah Khan. Thumbs up from him re. SQ - very relieved although this is the first hour of playing. Hoping for better performance after burn in.
Later played Juthika Roy, Sachin Dev Burman & the Ravi Shankar -LSO Concerto.
A few snaps of the EMT.
704f07de-4bbf-f985.jpg
704f07de-4bd3-12c6.jpg
704f07de-4be5-53b0.jpg

Regards

Hi Issigonis

Good to hear all is working fine. When a turntable comes from as far as Germany, there is always a bit of worry. Keep running in the table. It needs about 40-50 hrs of run in.

@Prem: I have a query - when dropping the arm (by pressing the triangle button), the needle drops rather fast when comparing to some other fluid or even spring based arm lift mechanisms. Is it supposed to drop promptly? Or gently? Any calibration required?

I just checked. It appears to drops gently. Dusch would have calibrated everything and sent. You do not need to set anything. Wt is to be set at 2.5 on the scale. Even the anti skating is set and sent. The tonearm ht is also adjusted and sent. No need to touch that.

We had fitted the anti skate, rebalanced the arm as it was fairly off, and set the VTF. That's it. VTA was perfect.

Initial impressions (I know this is very premature as phono stage, amp, speakers and cables need to burn in) of the system as a whole: very detailed, precise imaging in both dimensions, highs hold a promise of what's in store (for now it is jagged and brittle), bass is plenty enough, mids is already sounding quite good. Speakers are very slightly toed in.

Issigonis,

Congrats. Very good looking turntable. Looks quite pristine. My EMT is yet to be put into action. Waiting for the cartridge.

Cheers.

The EMT will show up whatever is placed after it. Be it cables, amp or speakers. It is quite ruthless and unforgiving. Running in will smoothen things out but sound signature does not change much during break in. I do not think its the table but the amp or the speakers which are holding back the highs.

>>>
The Onzow and the Clearaudio brush arrived yesterday, precisely two weeks after the order, as committed by Elusive Disc through US Postal Service.
Regards

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back