Finally took the plunge

sudhirpsg

So after reading the forum for 2 to 3 years(Did not want to bombard folks with questions before since I neither had the idea to buy nor the means) to finally deciding to join it a couple of months back it was a pretty much happy ride. So even before i joined my first job in 2107 i always got mesmerized by sounds right from playing with Sony DAV DZ150K to first Dolby Atmos Experience in Sathyam Cinemas.
So started saving up for it and when I started the renovation of home I made sure I have a HT room which can also be double up as WFH space.
So have left the false ceiling and interior works pending for the same and finally took the plunge and ordered X2400H (Yes i know it is a couple of generations old but enquired on parts availability for the same and decided to move ahead realizing absence of front HDMI ports and 8k is not a deal breaker for me and since we are always in world of upgrades i guess I would move to 9 or 11 channel which would be the next thing so I decided to keep things within budget)
it is expected to be delivered within this weekend.
and for speakers able to source a deal with Audio Gallery,Coimbatore who are able to offer me the best price on Polk Signature Series compared to Pro FX.
So S50 towers for fronts,S30 for center and S15 book shelfs for surround. Subs will be Polk DSW Pro 660.
Atmos heights will be owm3 or Rc80i(still confused on Celling mount vs in ceiling)
Projectors are Epson TW750 with Liberty 120inch motorised pull screen(cant go for fixed screen since there is a door behind).
In case of acoustics planned to get done just the carpeting as of now.
Will Probably start civil works tomorrow and keep the thread updated with details and pictures.
And i also have my Beloved HK Aura Studio 3 is it possible to hook it with my receiver ?
and suggestion on base model home theatre recliners are welcome.

And also very much happy to welcome general feedback and suggestions.

All the best, you may like to factor in some decent budget for a Stabalizer/Online UPS, Speaker Cables and Cable terminations.

All the best, you may like to factor in some decent budget for a Stabalizer/Online UPS, Speaker Cables and Cable terminations.
Hi Ankitt. Thanks a lot for the heads up
I have a 2KVA home ups running in UPS mode are they sufficient or should I go for a separate online UPS for Projectors. And for recievers audio gallery folks are hesitant to hook up with UPS supply and suggesting receivers tends to get damaged easily when in UPS supply????
And for wires I have zeroed in on Bandridge for HDMI and 1.5mm square speaker cables. Will use stock power cable as of now and probably get the power cables by Mr.Murthy within this month.

Hi Ankitt. Thanks a lot for the heads up
I have a 2KVA home ups running in UPS mode are they sufficient or should I go for a separate online UPS for Projectors. And for recievers audio gallery folks are hesitant to hook up with UPS supply and suggesting receivers tends to get damaged easily when in UPS supply????
And for wires I have zeroed in on Bandridge for HDMI and 1.5mm square speaker cables. Will use stock power cable as of now and probably get the power cables by Mr.Murthy within this month.
There has been a lot of discussion on Forum about Online UPS and Stabalizers :)
I have ordered a 3 KVA Servo Stabalizer (with proper surge protection and filters) from Krykard. I have already fried 2 AVR and a Projector by power surge.

Probably a direct line for AV Gear with Stabalizer is by far the best option, all I meant is our hard earned money invested into costly AV equipment needs proper protection and life they deserve.

There has been a lot of discussion on Forum about Online UPS and Stabalizers :)
I have ordered a 3 KVA Servo Stabalizer (with proper surge protection and filters) from Krykard. I have already fried 2 AVR and a Projector by power surge.

Probably a direct line for AV Gear with Stabalizer is by far the best option, all I meant is our hard earned money invested into costly AV equipment needs proper protection and life they deserve.
Absolutely. I am also looking at Krkyard. Including for all LED fixtures in home with direct main line. Was quoted around 50k for 10kva variant so in hold as of now. Should manage wirh surge protectors as of now.

Absolutely. I am also looking at Krkyard. Including for all LED fixtures in home with direct main line. Was quoted around 50k for 10kva variant so in hold as of now. Should manage wirh surge protectors as of now.

@sudhirpsg Krykard's quote appears rather high. Check with Vertex, they may be able to offer a better price.

Update Number 2:
Denon AVR has arrived.
Regarding the room I have completed the wiring and with the help of professionals ceiling work is complete and I was able to do the interiors myself based on various online images and MS Paint. Had a ought time making my electrician understand though. Orders for signature series have been placed and they are expected to arrive around christmas.

Sorry guys. Could not update the thread as i lost credentials to account. And works are complete. Will add a picture, Will update other details in mean time.View attachment 56855
Great looking. It has really come out well. Lights on the side walls look elegant just like in a multiplex. Btw... which AC are you planning to use considering the PJ placed just above seating position and Amp also producing lot of heat.

Great looking. It has really come out well. Lights on the side walls look elegant just like in a multiplex. Btw... which AC are you planning to use considering the PJ placed just above seating position and Amp also producing lot of heat.
Thanks sir. Using a tower fan now. Since I have not completed making acousting panels yet. Will complete those in a week or two probably.

Designs are mostly inspired from various pinterest posts. And used just some primitive cad knowledge I had to make it as plan so my electrician can understand the lighting points.

So the final setup. After various discussions with various people in forum I was confident of pulling this DIY. Audio Gallery coimbatore promised to help with final callibration and screen installations so I decided to go ahead with it.
Setup is 5.1.2 atmos but I have done wiring for 7.2.2 setup.
Instrument list is as follows.
AVR : Denon X-2600H
Centre : Polk S35 (Planned for S30 but they were out of stock and shipments were delayed)
Front towers : Polk S50
Surrounds : Polk S15
Atmos Heights : Polk OWM3
Sub: Polk DSW Pro 660
PJ : Epson TW 750
Screen : Liberty 120 ". Could not go for fixed ones as there is a door access
Speaker cables and HDMi Cables : Bandridge
Media source : Fire TV stick and NVIDIA Shield pro
Servo Stabilizers.
Lights procured it from Gem Lights Coimbatore. For the whole house procured from them, Happy with cost and customer service.

Wiring most part I could do it myself since it is false ceiling and no need for pipes to be plastered. Couple of pipes need to be done in walls for which electrician was helpful.
Happy with the output so far and sounds and bass are crazy if not the best around.
Works pending :
Carpets : Orders placed but held due to lockdown in TN
Acoustic panels : Making the same as DIY but delayed due to office work.
Air conditioning : Will go with Daikin as of now got a couple of CPU fans and placed it near AVR.

Happy to have complete a DIY of this scale with help. Thanks to everyone who helped and special thanks to Audio Gallery Coimbatore and AV Shack.

Crazy me wants to add some LED Laser beams and mount it on floors on couple of points in floors so it can be used when just songs are being played :p. Started wiring for same as carpets are delayed and the wires can go under carpets

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back