Finding My Salvation....A Vinyl Love Story

HELLO REUBENSM
Can I believe that I see read and understand your post of 2014 being read 4 years later !! Really you fit in my shoes with your real life story. It was all fun yesterday that turned into reality now. Love your post. God bless

@kuruvilajacob

sir, that's the bliss of music, only music and fragrance can initiate time travel and invoke nostalgia......

and thank you for visiting my thread and dropping such gr8 lines

also my thanks to reubensm, global rhythms, metalmicky, dheerajin

only music and fragrance can initiate time travel and invoke nostalgia......

You said it brother......

I am 60 years old and way back in the 60's I was hooked on to music through lovely Radio Stations like Radio Ceylon, VOA,BBc and Radio Kuwait. In sound quality and reception , Radio Kuwait had no rivals. Sadly, they stopped transmissions to India. Then it was tapes and little bit of vinyl on ceramic players and then CD . Once I got hooked on to the new vinyl systems with magnetic cartridge and matching amp and speakers, I knew that it cannot be beaten for it's depth, naturality, warmth, feel, clarity, richness and physical presence. It's like having a studio in your home because whatever the recording engineer wanted while mastering is already there in the grove. All you need is to retrieve as much as you can by using the best combination you can afford. There is no other media which can give you that flexibility. If you go through the new HI-News Magazines, there are more articles on Turntables, Tonearms, Vinyl releases, Record cleaning Machines than ever before. Advice for those who want to take the plunge into Vinyls is not to waste time but jump on to the Vinyl Bandwagon and enjoy the music.

I was in Kuwait in 70's till the Gulf war and enjoyed FM radio English session. I have yet to jump on to the Vinyl Bandwagon.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back