Fire stick's edge Smart TVs

jayantadak

Nowadays, probably 80 per cent of AV enthusiasts have Smart TVs as their display medium. When the Fire stick was introduced at that time, the penetration of smart TVs was not so dense. It was ok, to use the Firestick then if someone doesn't had a smart TV, he can just plug in the stick and enjoy contents on the various OTT apps. But with the advent of smart TVs all over, does the the Firestick hold a relevance. I have Sony X-8500 which is smart TV, and it contains all the popular apps like NF, Amazon prime, Youtube, Hotstar etc and moreover we can download app too on it. I had thought of buying the stick, but then dropped the idea thinking what edge would the Amazon Fire stick have over my existing Smart TV. Would our members shed light over it if I am missing something.

I think firestick ui is smoother than google tv ui. Plus, I dont think older smart tv get regular firmware update for latest codecs like atmos. So, I think firestick is stick relevant to someone using around 3 yr old smart tv or may be a cheap smart tv which had good picture quality but not so good in software side.

Thanks for raising this topic. I have always wondered about the same.
I have the 2018 Sony OLED with all the apps. Excellent picture, though Google TV really sucks. If I use a 4K Firestick through my NR1609 AVR, will it improve any picture or sound quality?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back