Fire TV stick...Batteries getting discharged fast.

actually the first gen had the issue of draining the batteries fast as the remote pairs with the firestick through bluetooth. The 4k one had solved these issues to some extent. kindly check if a newer firmware is availble for the remote/firetvstick this also solves to issue to some extent.

Our Fire Stick Remote is draining batteries rapidly i.e. within less than a fortnight of use. Changed two sets already after lockdown. Any one has experienced this. I used Panasonic high charge batteries both times but no improvement. Didn't realise earlier since usage was less.

It's more than a year old, so I guess Amazon wouldn't consider. Secondly is fast battery draining considered under warranty.

Are there any other options like replacement remotes etc. I don't have a Logitech but have a Universal remote with learning function but not all functions are working seamlessly.

Anyone has experienced such issues and got any ideas pl
I am having similar problem with mibox, i belive Bluetooth connectivity is culprit here.

I would recommend putting amazon fire stick to sleep by long pressing the Home button and selecting sleep before closing the TV. This might save some battery. Also wherever you put the remote make sure kids / someone do not get the chance to press any key on the battery when the fire TV is not running (after it is put to sleep). In my earlier Media TV box from Amkette there was a option to shut down the remote with a different switch and they came with rechargeable batteries too. Amazon should consider that. In any case the Duracells I use (non rechargeable), lasted for more than a month and half.

I have recently discovered that my Panasonic Plasma TV remote which is a 9 year old model is able to control the fire TV through Viera Link / HDMI CEC even when the Fire stick is connected to the AVR and no directly to the TV.

Dear all, thanks for your help. I will try reset and try the firmware update. I shall also write to Amazon and see what they have to say. Will keep posted.

Our Firestick remote batteries have been going on since a couple of months. No issues so far. Am using the normal AAA Panasonic Gold plus batteries. Avoid using Duracell since it has leaked on a couple of occasions on some other remote.
Eneloop rechargeable batteries are also a good option.

My Amazon Fire Stick remote has the same problem. I tried every trick in the book but to no avail. Now, I don't use its remote, I control it from my smart phone.

Yes, but somehow I couldn't get my app remote working seemlessly. The menu doesn't appear, may be due to slow internet ? I am not sure. I also tried 2/3 tricks but no improvement as yet.

But I am convinced that it's badly designed. Just waiting for the lockdown to be over. The usage goes down anyway.

My firestick 4k's remote works perfect. And the batteries haven't drained till now (around 6months usage). I think people having trouble should contact amazon and request for a replacement of the remote. Remote can be seen as a separate listing on amazon if someone wishes to buy one.

I think you might be working with a faulty application. I have been using Fire Stick for two years but there isn't any problem caused by it. The remote works as expected all this time. However, I was thinking of changing the batteries of my remote just to make sure they don't leak at any point in the future. I also search the internet for some and found this reliable solution that fix my problem. It may also help full for you.

Our Fire Stick Remote is draining batteries rapidly i.e. within less than a fortnight of use. Changed two sets already after lockdown. Any one has experienced this. I used Panasonic high charge batteries both times but no improvement. Didn't realise earlier since usage was less.

It's more than a year old, so I guess Amazon wouldn't consider. Secondly is fast battery draining considered under warranty.

Are there any other options like replacement remotes etc. I don't have a Logitech but have a Universal remote with learning function but not all functions are working seamlessly.

No firmware update or any other trick will not work...buy a new remote...or you can use fire tv app as remote

Our Firestick remote batteries have been going on since a couple of months. No issues so far. Am using the normal AAA Panasonic Gold plus batteries. Avoid using Duracell since it has leaked on a couple of occasions on some other remote.
Eneloop rechargeable batteries are also a good option.
+1 to that. Duracell batteries are dangerous. They leak badly when they leak and corrode the terminals in the battery compartment. I have lost numerous remotes, wireless keyboards and wireless mice because of duracell. Use brands like Energizer, Panasonic, GP and even amazon alkaline is better than Duracell.

Hi

I am using Firestick 3rd Gen 2021 since the past 2-3 months and not replaced the batteries yet. Still using the supplied batteries.

Duracell was a bad experience in the past, it leaked and spoilt my AVR remote years back. Since then I use ordinary batteries. Everyday Heavy Duty are good too.

There is a setting in fire stick where remote can be made to be inactive while not in use. Also some remotes do have problems. I got mine replaced once. 2nd was better . Give a call to Amazon CC.
Also Amazon basic and Duracell battery are best for fire stick remote .

I am using Eneloop rechargeable batteries. I was using 2nd generation Firestick and battery used to come for a week. Started using 3rd Gen stick from 5 days and need to see the difference now.
2nd generation uses BT 4.0 and that is the reason for higher drain is what I read somewhere. 3rd Gen uses BT 5.0.
BTW, 3rd Gen is way faster compared to 2nd gen.

I got rid of the firestick when I upgraded to a smart TV. The remote's battery never used to last for more than a couple of weeks. I had to instruct everyone at home to flip the battery so that it doesn't drain. Unfortunately, all these woes started on the 13th month :) Good riddance, anyways!

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back