First Hi-end audio setup-Suggestions Requested

Sir,
Any tips during auditioning? I am taking my choice collection of tracks on CDs.
Also, would it be possible to play flac files on these setups?

Nothing scripted really :)
Just listen what you would listen at your home after buying the thing and at same volume. Taking a test CD with tracks of your choice is the best thing during audition.

Hello all

This is to update that I bought the Elac B6 alongwith Marantz PM5005 in 2015 and its been over a 1.5 love afffair with it now. I also bought ,as source ,the Marantz CD player 5005 for my CDs and the Schmitt Modi Uber 2 for my laptop. Sound from the CD player is a bit brighter and richer in my opinion while playing the same files.

The sound staging of the Elac B6 is minblowing ,to say the very least. I have found that it especially shines when playing very high quality recorded CDs -like the ones from Steven Hoffman remastering or the ECM jazz CDs or the Stockfish or Dali collection. The setup has been bang for every buck I have spent. I had auditioned KEF,Q Acoustics , Tannoy , Dali and a few others before settling on the Elac ones.

To all new audiophiles venturing to build their first high end setup - I cannot recommend this enough.

Best
Amitava

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back