First watt amplifiers

square_wave

First watt amplifiers
http://www.firstwatt.com/products.htm
This is a kitchen table effort by Nelson pass. I keep hearing good things about them. Like their philosophy. Some models have cult status too.
Now the questions :)
1. Any one has any experience with these amps ?
2. Are these products available off the shelf ?
3. Are these limited editions ?

They are limited edition to the extent that Nelson Pass will personally be assembling only 100 amps of F5. After that it becomes DIY

I too have heard many good things about them. Would someday definitely like to hear them.

Thank you Prem and Cranky.

Which of these models have the biggest following ? I know they are all slightly different approaches to a very high quality low power amplifier design. The F2 seems to have a great following among Lowther Single driver full range lovers.
These designs must be very popular with horns, single driver full range etc..These are the ones that comes to mind if all you need is a few watts.

Any speaker recommendations ? Popular combinations ?

Cranky, good to see that you are doing the F5.It is a 25 watter. Looking forward to the thread.

Last edited:
Thank you Prem and Cranky.

Which of these models have the biggest following ? I know they are all slightly different approaches to a very high quality low power amplifier design. The F2 seems to have a great following among Lowther Single driver full range lovers.
These designs must be very popular with horns, single driver full range etc..These are the ones that comes to mind if all you need is a few watts.

Any speaker recommendations ? Popular combinations ?

Cranky, good to see that you are doing the F5.It is a 25 watter. Looking forward to the thread.

First-Watt F2[J] is the ony Single Ended PURE Class-A TRANSCONDUCTANCE Solid State Amplifier Design In Existence :eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back