First watt B1 buffer preamp

Dr.Bass

Hi,
Has anyone built or heard a Pass First watt B1 buffer preamp ? It is supposed to be a very pure sounding unit without costing much. Expecting some First watt guys to chip in:).

Hi,
Has anyone built or heard a Pass First watt B1 buffer preamp ? It is supposed to be a very pure sounding unit without costing much. Expecting some First watt guys to chip in:).

There should be atleast 50 members who have build one
Not sure how you missed it :)

It has a page in diy section running into pages

I own one and after doing resistor mods it sounds pretty good

After getting b1 my system went several notches higher

Last edited:
Lot of guys have built the kit made by Sachin and Om. Please check with them. Works very well. I built one myself.

Regards

Had a DIY Pass B1 pre in my rig some time back and I was really impressed.
Clean as a whistle and outlay was hardly over Rs 7k then ... maybe a little more now.

Quite frankly I was a little shocked at how little the difference was at the time with my AP Preamp. Maybe extended listening would give more info but for the few hours I had it my place it tracked my AP Power amp quite well. My guess is that the buffer design makes short work of the impedance matching and just lets the music go through. FM Omishra is the guy to talk to about this. I think he has implemented a dual buffer in his setup which should be interesting to hear.

Highly recommended piece of kit!

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back