Fix for the new horrible FireTV stick interface

vaibhavyagnik

Hello dear forum members. Amazon has rolled out updates for the firestick which have made the interface full of ads and sponsored content. In this video tutorial I have shown how we can install wolf launcher on the Amazon firetv stick and make it the default launcher and get rid of the awful interface. I hope you like it and find it useful.

Just got a Fire TV stick yesterday. I echo his sentiments, I hate the interface, the entire screen is taken up by ads itself.

Going to try this today itself. Will update here once I have installed it.

Thanks Vaibhav for this video. Before going through installing the Wolf launcher (unfortunately I just uninstalled it two weeks ago), one question - does it speed up the booting?
Or is there a way I can just boot in to Kodi quickly? I am using On Boot Launcher and it takes like 3 minutes to start Kodi. Waits on the home screen to load for longer than two minutes or so before launching Kodi.

I want this to be my mom friendly as she watches few TV shows during her free time in Zee5 or Voot. Having all her programs under Kodi Favorites make it easy for her.

Thanks Vaibhav for this video. Before going through installing the Wolf launcher (unfortunately I just uninstalled it two weeks ago), one question - does it speed up the booting?
Or is there a way I can just boot in to Kodi quickly? I am using On Boot Launcher and it takes like 3 minutes to start Kodi. Waits on the home screen to load for longer than two minutes or so before launching Kodi.

I want this to be my mom friendly as she watches few TV shows during her free time in Zee5 or Voot. Having all her programs under Kodi Favorites make it easy for her.
No. It does not make booting the firestick any faster. Launcher manager ultimate does disable original firestick launcher but I really don't know how much impact will it have on the booting times since I only have a very old firestick and launcher manager does not support my version of FireOS which is version 5. You can try it though - https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachments/lmu-ad-_1-0-8-apk.5356861/

Please ensure that you have a custom launcher installed before using lancher manager ultimate.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back