Getting most from allo digione or usbridge

The Shanti LPS is even special
I think surrealistix is powering up both boards separately as Shanti has dual outputs

Following are highlights of the PSU

-Substantial raw DC filtering, with roughly 33000uF on the 3A output.

-Engineered multiple-stage regulation and filtration.

- Grounding post for easy grounding of the case and transformer frame.

- C-L-C AC filtering using a common mode choke

- aluminium case

One more thumbs up to Allo Shanti LPS! :)

I was sceptical about the level of difference Shanti would make, but it's quite significant and very positive!

By the way, USBridge Signature is expected to release soon.

Though slightly off-topic but not completely since we are discussing audio out of computer, as in past, yes, I have done this several times in this forum :), I would recommend looking into Dante by Audinate.

My heart bleeds :( :) every time I talk about Dante because when I got into this, I spent $650 but now the adapter comes for $129 (and is available in India too)

You will need to but this https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AVIO-AES--audinate-avio-dante-2x2-aes3-ebu-adapter and a piece of software ($30) from Audinate.com called DVS (Dante Virtual Soundcard). Please feel free to PM me in case there is any question because not a off-the-shelf solution.

Friends,
Resurrecting this thread as I need some help/clarifications.

I currently have a Allo Usbridge (not the Digione or the Signature series). There is only one power input (barrel type) in this version.
From what some of you have said, looks like there is significant/noticeable difference with Shanti LPS and I was thinking of buying it.

Then came some confusions, so I thought of clarifying it with you guys.

1) Does Shanti LPS make significant difference when compared to Nirvana SMPS?
Nirvana is 3k and Shanti is 8k. As long as there is a considerable difference in quality (not necessarily 2x or 3x difference) I am
fine spending up to 8k for it.

2) Shanti LPS has 2 outputs, one I see is 5V 3A and 5V and 1.2A. My USBridge takes only one power input, so I am assuming it would
be the 5V 3A output. Also the manual says that there is a jumper which I can remove and give separate power to the other board,
so should I use the 1.2A output to power that board?.

Can someone help me with the above questions?. I tried searching on the net but could not find much info for the USBridge version.

Thanks.

@sivakuru
The best SQ you will get from USBridge is to power the Sparky and the USBridge boards separately which is were Shanthi will be useful.
The benefit of buying Shanthi is that it will be even more beneficial if you upgrade to ALLO USBridge Signature/Digione Signature in the future.

For powering USBridge and Sparky separately, you need to open jumper 28 on the USBridge board.
The so stated dirty power on Shanthi will go to the Sparky and the clean power to the USBridge board.

You will also do well to boot USBridge with the onboard eMMC card.

Download the manual from the attached link which explains the location of J28 jumper

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/s...0OE0K7nZru1SpkG5Ya1Hzs/kk5v04XDRUCBZdcaJ3pD1g

Thank you Sir.

Is the dirty power on Shanthi the 3A or the 1.2A?. Or Is there is something else that I dont know about?

Anyways I shall place an order for the Shanthi and when I receive it if I can figure out, shall ping you.

Thanks for your help.

Thank you Sir.

Is the dirty power on Shanthi the 3A or the 1.2A?. Or Is there is something else that I dont know about?

Anyways I shall place an order for the Shanthi and when I receive it if I can figure out, shall ping you.

Thanks for your help.
Allo Shanti is good, definitely.
I had one already and i got another just today.

Since it is a linear power supply.. it makes a significant difference to all and anything which requires 5v. Whether it is normal raspberry pi, signature series, a digital to digital convertor... anything. That is my experience.

If someone is more adventurous to get most out of shanti, just remove the barrel connector and solder the USB wire directly. It will improve the quality even more.

May I know a good power supply recommendation for my Allo Digione streamer other than the stock PS.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back