Flac to burn on CD

panditji

Hi
I have downloaded an album in Flac format and wanted to burn it to a CD.....I can see a number of Flac to Mp3 software while googling but wanted to know from the forum which softare to use to convert to Mp3 so that I can burn an audio CD.....

Regards
Rahul Pandit

I guess the other thread got deleted as i could'nt find it.

I had a question: Is it better to rip your cd's in flac if you want to burn the same on blank or is ripping in wav a better option?
TIA
Cheers

Panditji - it was great getting introduced yesterday. Couldn't talk much - hope will get to meet soon and talk further.

regards

Hi
I have downloaded an album in Flac format and wanted to burn it to a CD.....I can see a number of Flac to Mp3 software while googling but wanted to know from the forum which softare to use to convert to Mp3 so that I can burn an audio CD.....

You don't need to convert FLAC to mp3 to burn an audio cd. That way you will lose quality. Most of the cd burning softwares like Nero have plugins that allow you to directly burn audio cd from .flac.

I use EAC to back up my original CD's to wav and then burn to CD-R. Another option is to create an image using Nero and then burn the image to a CD-R.

Last edited:
I had a question: Is it better to rip your cd's in flac if you want to burn the same on blank or is ripping in wav a better option?

Depends on a lot of things. Why are you ripping it in the first place? If you just want to make a copy, just select to "Copy Entire Disc" in your cd burning software.

If you need a rip to play on your PC or some other portable player, rip to the format that all/ most of the devices you intend to play it on, will support.

Generally speaking, I would prefer to rip to flac just in order to reduce file size.

Back