Flex paper for Projector Screen

vipin_lalla

Yow india in world cup final and i am planning to hang my HD projector in front of my showroom,

So will it be a better idea to make a screen using flex paper (The paper which is used for printing for big hoardings). I will be making a screen of approx 180-200 inch diaognal:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Flex paper ought to be a good idea. How about a matte white laminate? You could easily hang it with a simple rectangle frame.

When I bought my first projector 5 years back I did not have a proper screen so I used a plain white cloth for my projection.:cool:)

Flex is a good idea as a temporay solution, even white lamination sheet can be used.

Hi Vipin,

Flex paper is definitly a good idea. Buy get the matt one and it should be cloth not paper. It is called as indoor flex. it is a flexible cloth and due to its semi transparent attribute can be used as a rear or front projection. Also it is very plain so sharp image is rendered. Normal flex is rough and gloss, affects viewing.

Hope this helps.

Many Regards
Rahul

I used it for a period on 7 months. It was good. I used to project the image on the non-glossy side of the flex sheet. It was measuring exactly 9feet by 7feet and border painted black for a size of 6inches in all the four sides so that image projection area was 8 feet by 6 feet (4:3). Had the flex stretched on wooden frame. It was very easy to work with.

After changing my projector, I am not using the DIY flex screen, as my new projector is native 720p and exactly occupies the full breadth of the wall. Just painted the wall white and projecting the image on it.

hifivision.com/home-theatre-projectors-screens/14577-kickass-vfm-projection-screen-2.html
Check my posts in this thread plz.

I read your post in the thread.

Do you mean to say the entire screen was in black color?

If so how the picture quality in it.

Hi Vipin,

Flex paper is definitly a good idea. Buy get the matt one and it should be cloth not paper. It is called as indoor flex. it is a flexible cloth and due to its semi transparent attribute can be used as a rear or front projection. Also it is very plain so sharp image is rendered. Normal flex is rough and gloss, affects viewing.

Hope this helps.

Many Regards
Rahul
Where do you get it in Pune?

Plan

I think one should not go for any sort of temporary solution, it is any day better to plan well and have a proper projector and screen at one go.

V.

When I bought my first projector 5 years back I did not have a proper screen so I used a plain white cloth for my projection.:cool:)

Flex is a good idea as a temporay solution, even white lamination sheet can be used.

Waiting for my projector. Tanzo S4 Android 9. It is on the way. Now planning to make a screen.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back