Flickering Issue with my LG Nano Cell TV

Narasimhan_M

FMs,

Need your valuable inputs.

I own a LG Nano Cell 49" LED TV. Its 2.5 years old.

Past few days, I see a lot of flickering on the TV. This gets bad when the scene is dark with lot of black overlay.

With the local dimming turned off, the problem goes away.

I doubt if this issue is something to do with the dimming panel.

The LG service guy was confused looking at this and tried to convince me stating that switching on "local dimming " causes this. I challenged him to recreate this problem in my neighbors LG TV and he was mute.

What could be the root cause of this ? Please help !!!

All the Nano cell Tv's have extremely poor local dimming. I suggest to keep it off. I know this is not a solution but If the Technician cannot see the problem they will not create a service ticket.
Now you should try taking the power plug off and cleaning it. If you are using a stabilizer check if everything is fine with that too...

FMs,

Need your valuable inputs.

I own a LG Nano Cell 49" LED TV. Its 2.5 years old.

Past few days, I see a lot of flickering on the TV. This gets bad when the scene is dark with lot of black overlay.

With the local dimming turned off, the problem goes away.

I doubt if this issue is something to do with the dimming panel.

The LG service guy was confused looking at this and tried to convince me stating that switching on "local dimming " causes this. I challenged him to recreate this problem in my neighbors LG TV and he was mute.

What could be the root cause of this ? Please help !!!
If the problem doesn’t come with local dimming off then definitely some issue with how it’s functioning. You need to escalate the issue to LG and connect with a technician who is technically capable. The regular tech who visit will have 0 technical and product knowledge. They won’t even know what local dimming is and try to convince you there is no issue.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back