Flipkart 51% off on Blu Rays

I think due to legal / illegal internet downloads, bluray sales have been largely affected and its future is also quiet uncertain............

Just ordered "Gravity (2D)" and "Close encounters of the third kind" blu rays.
It is the mangalyaan season and the kids in the family have gone nuts.

just beware of the Sony DADC ones, many of them even do not have HD Audio
i havenot faced HD audio problem in Sony DADC BDs. I know they are bad, but this time they crossed limits. Ordered 'Her' and 'Nebraska' what I found they dont contain any special features. only 'nebraska' has some 28mins making. :( :(

True, "Her" BD is really pathetic. I never expected it from them. Even it is censored.
All new movies are processed here but the old titles are as it is available internationally (in most cases)

i havenot faced HD audio problem in Sony DADC BDs. I know they are bad, but this time they crossed limits. Ordered 'Her' and 'Nebraska' what I found they dont contain any special features. only 'nebraska' has some 28mins making. :( :(

True, "Her" BD is really pathetic. I never expected it from them. Even it is censored.
All new movies are processed here but the old titles are as it is available internationally (in most cases)
yeah, i noticed that.... And they dont have any alternate subtitle/audio option. And in every smoking scene "Smoking is Injurious, causes cancer etc etc" in big letters. Will never buy newer titles again...

yeah, i noticed that.... And they dont have any alternate subtitle/audio option. And in every smoking scene "Smoking is Injurious, causes cancer etc etc" in big letters. Will never buy newer titles again...

Useful information. That nonsense used to be present on Indian releases of foreign movie DVDs which is why I stopped buying DVD's in India. I remember Kill Bill on DVD that was absolutely infested.

Now that the madness has afflicted Blurays too, maybe it's time to rethink buying Indian releases of foreign movies.

Is it only Sony DADC or others too (such as Excel etc.)?

I found quality not commendable in T-Series BDs too. So I have stopped buying Indian make blu rays of Bollywood and Hollywood. I still source them from amazon.co.uk. But I have seen some of the movies on Indian make as exceptions though like KKKG, Jodha Akbar, Dabang, I hate Luv Stories, etc

I found quality not commendable in T-Series BDs too. So I have stopped buying Indian make blu rays of Bollywood and Hollywood. I still source them from amazon.co.uk. But I have seen some of the movies on Indian make as exceptions though like KKKG, Jodha Akbar, Dabang, I hate Luv Stories, etc

Useful information. That nonsense used to be present on Indian releases of foreign movie DVDs which is why I stopped buying DVD's in India. I remember Kill Bill on DVD that was absolutely infested.

Now that the madness has afflicted Blurays too, maybe it's ti proudme to rethink buying Indian releases of foreign movies.

Is it only Sony DADC or others too (such as Excel etc.)?

I haven't found these statutory notes on other BDs from Excel & Reliance Home/Big Video. Also I hadnot seen them my old BDs of Sony DADC. While almost all BDs of Sony DADC suffers from low quality, 'Gravity' was an exception. Reliance produced BDs are horrible which are mostly Universal titles. Suprisingly I like Excel BDs. I feel they are exact copy of the international BDs. I guess BDs of the movies which have been & are being released in India have the Indian censored versions in the disk.

I have decided not to buy BDs from India again. 600 for a movie is still a lot and that too with no extra features etc.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back