Flipkart Big billion offers (JBL 104BT at 5.5K after SBI discount)

saran

I have pulled the trigger. For the listed price, i think it is a good buy. Should be getting in another few days.

Did you receive it
How are they
I also bought a pair.
Looks and build quality is top notch.
You can hoop up multiple devices including Bluetooth which is good for kids and ladies.
I have connected it to a old FHD TV watched by wife and 5 years old kid.
Regarding sound quality upper range is a bit lacking, midrange is decent, but the bass is tight and punchy.
Overall a very good buy for 6k.

I also bought a pair.
Looks and build quality is top notch.
You can hoop up multiple devices including Bluetooth which is good for kids and ladies.
I have connected it to a old FHD TV watched by wife and 5 years old kid.
Regarding sound quality upper range is a bit lacking, midrange is decent, but the bass is tight and punchy.
Overall a very good buy for 6k.

Got a pair to see if I can downscale one of the set-ups with these on desktop. But now my sister has loved them so giving to her. I felt the build quality is absolutely solid and option to play multiple connections at same time is something I have only seen in this.

Regarding the sound quality though, I found the treble very hot and bass completely lacking out of the box. With some burn in time, the sound transformed beautifully. Din't find any lack in the upper notes though. Felt the music more coherent as well due to the coaxial driver design.

Haven't heard Mackie but I think these can hold their own even at price of 11.5k
Mackie is pretty good!
Mainly used as reference monitors.
I haven’t seen any audio professionals use this model, but it is fairly common at video edit suites and digital intermediate studios.
Really like these speakers for their price!
I’d say, if you don’t have the budget for Pre Sonus, Mackie is a great choice.

How do the studio monitors fair for casual but critical listening. No professional mixing/recording usage but only for music listening , what would be a good buy at a budget of 35k ?

How do the studio monitors fair for casual but critical listening. No professional mixing/recording usage but only for music listening , what would be a good buy at a budget of 35k ?
Studio monitors need good source media since they are very revealing. They don't color the audio so it's a very neutral but analytical sound. Music doesn't sound flat or dull or boring, just very precise.

At 35K, look at the Presonus Eris E5 or the newer E5 XT's. I have the older E5's and they are just great. One thing to keep in mind is that they pick up RF noise easily (from some mobiles etc. ) as it doesn't look like there is much shielding. Something to keep in mind,especially if you are in a high RF noise environment.

Last edited:
How does it fare for casual music listening from laptop (amazon music and youtube)? Also for movies from apv, looking for clear dialogues.

Yes. I did get them a week back. For the money, i would say they are really good.

Anyone planning to buy JBL 104 desktop monitors...Please take this into consideration.

NOT EVEN A MONTH, MINE HAS STOPPED WORKING. Only headphone OUT is working. No output from the speakers whatsoever. When you use the headphone, the main speaker is automatically muted and should RESUME once you unplug the headphone. In my case, this is not happening. Tried powering OFF and ON without the headphones multiple times, but no sound from the speakers.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back