Flipkart: This is by far the most pathetic experience ever

HE-MAN

First of all I apologize if this is in wrong thread didnt know where to post it.

I ordered a Vu 4K tv priced 49990 from Flipkart on April 5, 2016. Order was dispacted on 8th April 2016 through gati courier which reached my city on 11th april. Now gati took 7 days to delivery the product to me.
Delivery done on 18th april, installation done on 22 april.

Now on 25th april I noticed dead pixels clouding and motion rate issues, went to flipkart submitted request for replacement. Next day got a call from flipkart that the technician will visit and after only that replacement will be approved and asked me to wait for 3 days.

4 days later no communication from technician or flipkart and no one visited to check the tv. Again called flipkart asked them whats going on, got the same answer we have escalated your request blah blah. Next day flipkart technical dept. Called and told me that the refund is approved and the reverse pickup will be done in next 5 days and the refund process will start after successful pickup. They told me to pack the tv since it was table mounted and that gati courier will come for reverse pickup.

Now its 17 may 2016 and till date no communication from gati regarding pickup. I called them today morning and was shocked to hear them say " sir we have not received email regarding reverse pickup from flipkart unless and until we don't get that confirmation from flipkart we cannot do the reverse pickup"
countless tweets several calls thousands of emails and escalated request and years of my faith in flipkart has gone down the drain. Never again buying from Flipkart.

PS: Any advice what to do now?

Had a similar issue with Flipkart on a washing machine. Whatever they say, they dont intend to accept returns for white goods unless done before installation. Post that they expect the same to be handled by the manufacturer.

Try and push them through social media but also reach out to VU directly and get them to accept the problem and replace it.

I agree screw VU on Twitter and get them to close it along with eating fk's brains at the same time.. 50k investment in vu kind of brands is a blind leap of faith anyways

Update: received an email from flipkart that refund has been initiated and will reflect in bank account in 8 to 10 days. Always wondered why does it take so many days from refund to reflect in account.

Update: received an email from flipkart that refund has been initiated and will reflect in bank account in 8 to 10 days. Always wondered why does it take so many days from refund to reflect in account.
May be someone from FK read your thread at lunch :lol:

First of all I apologize if this is in wrong thread didnt know where to post it.

I ordered a Vu 4K tv priced 49990 from Flipkart on April 5, 2016. Order was dispacted on 8th April 2016 through gati courier which reached my city on 11th april. Now gati took 7 days to delivery the product to me.
Delivery done on 18th april, installation done on 22 april.

Now on 25th april I noticed dead pixels clouding and motion rate issues, went to flipkart submitted request for replacement. Next day got a call from flipkart that the technician will visit and after only that replacement will be approved and asked me to wait for 3 days.

4 days later no communication from technician or flipkart and no one visited to check the tv. Again called flipkart asked them whats going on, got the same answer we have escalated your request blah blah. Next day flipkart technical dept. Called and told me that the refund is approved and the reverse pickup will be done in next 5 days and the refund process will start after successful pickup. They told me to pack the tv since it was table mounted and that gati courier will come for reverse pickup.

Now its 17 may 2016 and till date no communication from gati regarding pickup. I called them today morning and was shocked to hear them say " sir we have not received email regarding reverse pickup from flipkart unless and until we don't get that confirmation from flipkart we cannot do the reverse pickup"
countless tweets several calls thousands of emails and escalated request and years of my faith in flipkart has gone down the drain. Never again buying from Flipkart.

PS: Any advice what to do now?

That's unfortunate. Did you try contacting VU Service Center directly instead of going through Flipkart? What did they say?

A lot of communication goes on between end user, Flipkart and Seller. Flipkart does not own any of the goods sold on the portal. This is what takes long. So in your case, communication from you to Flipkart to Seller to Gati.

:thumbsup:
MaSh

PS: I am in no way associated with Flipkart. Opinion expressed above is solely mine.

That's unfortunate. Did you try contacting VU Service Center directly instead of going through Flipkart? What did they say?

A lot of communication goes on between end user, Flipkart and Seller. Flipkart does not own any of the goods sold on the portal. This is what takes long. So in your case, communication from you to Flipkart to Seller to Gati.

:thumbsup:
MaSh

PS: I am in no way associated with Flipkart. Opinion expressed above is solely mine.
from 11th of april I knew it was gati's fault from delay in delivery to pickup not happening till date, only reason I have to name flipkart is cause they will refunding the money. I myself know its those gati guys who doing timepass.

Update: pick up completed today 5.30pm. Now waiting for refund which was supposedly initiated on 17may.

Sorry to hear your experience. Not sure currently, but I had good experience from FK 2 years ago along with 3 other friends for TVs.
Nobody till date have any issue. Touch wood! Brand was Onida.

I too have have returned many defective products on Flipkart, in all the cases, the pick up was done by eKart logistics whiare very prompt.. Once the item has been picked, refund is initiated immediately..

Feel bad for what has happened to you.. In your case it is Gati who delayed pick up.. Flipkart would have initiated the pick up immediately after u found the set defective...

Btw be happy you are getting a replacement/refund for your product...

Had you bought this from any physical store, they would have easily washed their hands asking you to get in touch with VU service directly..

Thatz the power of Flipkart.. [emoji106]

Sent from my YU5510A using Tapatalk

Was the seller not WSretail? My VU 55 inch was delivered, picked up and then new unit delivered again by Flipkart's own ekart logistics.My VU TV replacement was super smooth and even my city is same as yours.

Whenever there is a third party involved some delay happens, still much better than local dealers who will not entertain customers even one day after sale.

With small low priced items Flipkart returns is not an issue but with high priced items it is a pain.
I had bough a Dell Laptop from Flipkart which developed a vertical line within 3 days. Although Flipkart advertises returns within a specified time period they do not honor it. They asked a lot of questions via email and rejected the return for no reason.
Then with several direct phone calls and a bit of my mind they finally sent a new piece 10 days later. However, since they refused initially I had already contacted Dell service who were very prompt and replaced the screen at home.
So, I had to refuse the Flipkart replacement and had to settle for a repaired laptop within 3 days of purchase but not after I gave Flipkart another piece of my mind about their replacement warranty policy. A lot of apologies followed but that did'nt help as I was now stuck with a brand new repaired laptop.
Result, never bought expensive items from Flipkart since then. Amazon on the other hand is a much better option but stick to Amazon fulfilled sellers only.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back