Wonderful warranty experience with HPZ

ranojoy

I had purchased a Denafrips Hermes DDC from Headphone Zone in September last year. Mid August this year (i.e. just before the expiry of a year of purchase), all the outputs of the unit (I2S, Coax, Optical) suddenly stopped working. In my system, 2 source units, viz. streamer and CDP were connected to the Hermes which was in turn, connected to the Pontus ii DAC. I did my own home investigation by swapping out cables, running the streamer / CDP directly through the DAC, resetting the unit, etc etc. Once I was sure that it was the Hermes that was at fault, I contacted HPZ and lodged a warranty claim.
Once I had given them the details of the testing that I had done at home, they seemed convinced that the problem had been correctly identified by me and initiated the warranty process. There was no hesitation / reluctance on their part and absolutely no beating around the bush.
I was given a warranty reference number and asked to pack the unit after clicking some pictures / videos. HPZ coordinated the entire Blue Dart pickup process. After receiving the unit, they tested it and confirmed that the problem was genuine. Then they contacted the manufacturer with the details. Vinshine diagnosis was that the board had failed. So a new board was sent to HPZ, it was installed and tested in their labs and the unit was couriered to me a couple of days ago. The unit is now back with me, singing sweetly, as before.
I was constantly kept updated through mails during each step of the process, so I knew about the progress being made on a weekly basis. No money was charged from me for the repair. The two-way courier cost was also borne by HPZ. The dealings were very professional throughout the process.

This, in my view, is what is known as a "5 star" rated warranty experience. Kudos to HPZ for the excellent service. 👍👍

I had purchased a Denafrips Hermes DDC from Headphone Zone in September last year. Mid August this year (i.e. just before the expiry of a year of purchase), all the outputs of the unit (I2S, Coax, Optical) suddenly stopped working. In my system, 2 source units, viz. streamer and CDP were connected to the Hermes which was in turn, connected to the Pontus ii DAC. I did my own home investigation by swapping out cables, running the streamer / CDP directly through the DAC, resetting the unit, etc etc. Once I was sure that it was the Hermes that was at fault, I contacted HPZ and lodged a warranty claim.
Once I had given them the details of the testing that I had done at home, they seemed convinced that the problem had been correctly identified by me and initiated the warranty process. There was no hesitation / reluctance on their part and absolutely no beating around the bush.
I was given a warranty reference number and asked to pack the unit after clicking some pictures / videos. HPZ coordinated the entire Blue Dart pickup process. After receiving the unit, they tested it and confirmed that the problem was genuine. Then they contacted the manufacturer with the details. Vinshine diagnosis was that the board had failed. So a new board was sent to HPZ, it was installed and tested in their labs and the unit was couriered to me a couple of days ago. The unit is now back with me, singing sweetly, as before.
I was constantly kept updated through mails during each step of the process, so I knew about the progress being made on a weekly basis. No money was charged from me for the repair. The two-way courier cost was also borne by HPZ. The dealings were very professional throughout the process.

This, in my view, is what is known as a "5 star" rated warranty experience. Kudos to HPZ for the excellent service.👍👍
Good to know about the experience.

Someone else had a similar but bad experience with denafrips dac. This raises a doubt with denafrips quality. That person also had coax board getting faulty. I am not trying to generalize about denafrips quality, but yes it will surely make anybody think twice before pulling the plug.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back