Floor Standing Speakers - Comparison and Market research

There is a little story behind it. I was so confused between QAcoustics, ELAC and Klipsch. I kept Klipsch to the bottom because of its price. But when I called AudioMaxx, Sanjay gave me a good deal. My son also liked it :)

I will post my detailed review shortly. It is currently "Running in".

For the Elac FS you have given a 5/5 across , just curious to know why did you not go for the same ?

@fLUX

I was almost about to pay money for ELAC. I am really impressed with everything. However, my son who is in his teens goes for looks! Since in terms of performance, there are no major differences, went with my son's choice.

And one more small point is that I have an Onkyo receiver which has completed a decade. Since Klipsch has better "Sensitivity", it would derive much lesser power for driving volume.

Hope it helps!

Did you compare Klipschs 260 /Elac and RTi A7s ?
Among the three I actually preferred Klipsch and A7s, I would have gone for Klipsch but then again got a very good pre owned deal for RTi A7s hardly used for 42K, Hence went for those.

@Gamerps360 I didn't compare Klipsch 260 as it was going out of budget. I liked RTi A7s as well but I had to drop it due to its sheer size. Especially, the back bottom protruding will not go well with my room size and acoustics setup. And also, it was available only in Cherry where as I was preferring Black color.

@senthilsss :- Cherry! Where did you check ? ProFx ? Even recently I also struggled with the CSiA6 center. I was also told Cherry but somehow the ProFx guyz managed to get one Black piece for me. I thought center was the only issue but now its seems even the Fronts as well.

@Gamerps360 It is in the following link and I also spoke to their sales representative for discounts.

Bro, I have PM'd you the contact of a ProFX Guys. The actual Polk Audio dealers in India. They have Black available and will give you good discounts with warranty. Please reach him and tell my name (Harish).

EDIT -- I just realized, You have already purchased. My bad. :)

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back