Floor Standing Speakers for 540bt

Oceanblue

Hi All - i got a denon 540bt and looking for floor standing speakers, i went for few demos, onkyo 4800 looks good but it cannot drive 540bt completely as per the seller, Tannoy eclipse was recommended, i really like they way tannoy eclipse 3 sounded, its mostly for music, budget for speakers is 35k 2.1 or 5.1 but the speakers should have good highs!

Thanks in advance

I had auditioned the Polk Audio S50 floor standers along with the Denox X-540BT a while back. They sounded great. Price quoted was 35k at ProFX Bangalore

Hi All - i got a denon 540bt and looking for floor standing speakers, i went for few demos, onkyo 4800 looks good but it cannot drive 540bt completely as per the seller, Tannoy eclipse was recommended, i really like they way tannoy eclipse 3 sounded, its mostly for music, budget for speakers is 35k 2.1 or 5.1 but the speakers should have good highs!

Thanks in advance

Check out Taga brands which will match your budget.
IMO Denon 540 is good for Satellite speakers may be Bookshelf.
Later you feel it is not powering your towers to the potential.
Finally its your call.
All the best

Are you going to add a subwoofer to your setup? If yes, in my opinion you should get bookshelf speakers, preferably efficient ones to go with your receiver.

Mash

Start here.How big is your room? what kind of music do you listen to? Do you prefer bass heavy music or acoustic stuff. what will your source be? PC, CD Player etc. Do you want party volumes or mid/low volume levels. These give a good idea what kind of speakers we can recommend.

The Denon 540bt is best suited for sats or book shelf speakers. Don't invest in towers for this avr. It won't have the juice to drive them.

Thats my 2 cents, Call will be yours.

Start here.How big is your room? what kind of music do you listen to? Do you prefer bass heavy music or acoustic stuff. what will your source be? PC, CD Player etc. Do you want party volumes or mid/low volume levels. These give a good idea what kind of speakers we can recommend.

First, i would like to thank you all for your responses, it was quick and very useful suggestions from everyone.

To Give more details, my room size is 12ft -w/16ft length,
Source, CD/DVD Player and optional PC/Laptop
Music Options - Ghazals, instrumental, more acoustic with more highs rater than lows
i dont like heavy bass but some tight bass will do good for my listening.
i will be adding sub woofer at a later stage

With that information, i also would like to get your views on Elac b6 bookshelf and sony cs3 bookshel (not available in india, but would like to import - just because they sound great on acoustics)

Do you guys think 540bt will still be under powered to drive Sony SSCS3 towers? - these are entry level towers in my view

Thanks

Not sure about the Sony, it will surely be underpowered for the elacs. The 540 is best suited for efficient-89db, 8ohm speakers.

MaSh

I had a 540 BT and I paired it with Polk TSX440t floorstanders which are very power hungry and not too efficient. Even if you listen to slightly above moderate volumes you should be fine. Just don’t get audiophily about the whole thing. I speak with my own experience.

Yes bookshelves with a higher sensitivity would be more suited for the 540bt. But it will still drive any average floorstanders without a fuss.

Just want let you guys know, i got sony ss cs5 finally, they are sounding absolutely clear..i am loving it. again these will go as surround when i upgrade to tannoy tower in future! until then i am enjoying it!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back