Floor Standing Speakers for Sansui

denzong

Hi All,

i want to know which are the best options for a floor standing speakers around the price range of 20K. max around 22k

I want to pair these with Sansui AU 717 amp so they should power that kind of output. 3 way, etc...

i tried to find out about a lot of them in various forums but at the end got totally confused

also if you are suggesting then please tell me the source also where to buy it from in mumbai. Vijay sales (Prabhadevi) does not have Missions with them. thats why i am asking for the location to buy from.

listening mostly will be of Rock through Vinyls / flacs

thanking all in anticipation of the advice provided

There is a Jamo pair on Sale from santhol. You may like to try that. That should suit your budget too and i have a feeling the Jamos from Santhol will be a better bet than the Mission M34 etc..

mpw

You can try Polk TSI 300 which should be available in the range on 20K or wharfedale 9.5 MRP 30K but after discount you can get 26-27K, depends upon your negotiation.

From where in mumbai

Mission shud b available at Alliance4, DN Nagar. No idea abt Wharfies. Polk TSi 300 at The Shop or Viola both @ DN Nagar. Personally I found TSi300 lacked bass but will come in ur budget. But it has nice mids and trebles. Also the Jamo S406 didn't sound good to my ears (driven by a Marantz PM5002 amp). But finally it's ur taste. Jamos are available at Viola or the main dealer Cinebells @ Waterfield Rd Bandra W. For upto 40K range (I know I'm stretching beyond ur stated budget), I really liked the Mordaunt Short Aviano FS. Even TSi400 is not bad.
Now that you've bagged the amp, it's best to lug it to auditions. Tough call, hahahahaha.
Joshua

I also agree with MPW that Santhol's speakers would be much better then the Mission's you are looking for

Try and see if you can make some adjustments in your finances and go for it

i would have loved to take those but i am buying on credit which santhol may not give
Dude, never say never....without asking....as I may have accepted:). I once bought an otherwise out of reach(read as expensive) audio component on instalment from a friend and audiophile and that gesture meant a lot to me in my audio journey as I got to taste something quite high end.

Anyways, the Jamo speakers are pending sale. The buyer is picking it up tomorrow.

As u said the buyers picking tomo. If not then I am ready to pick up. We shall discuss abt the payment schedule in agreement. Or if u ready then we can close this today also ;)

Sorry, I have given my word to keep the speakers aside for him.

Thats gentleman agreement. The buyer buying the Jamo should be a lucky one.

@denzong : I think you are little bit late to the show. Anyways All the best for your speaker search. As i told u earlier, I had a Sansui 517 and was driving a Allison Acoustic 4 speakers and the sound was fantastic. regret for not taking proper care for the system. You can try some old speakers which has 10 or 12 inch drive. For Vinyl the old speakers sounds much better.

Cheers

Just one more thought. Should I buy two book shelf speakers and power in both. Or still look for one FS

Just one more thought. Should I buy two book shelf speakers and power in both. Or still look for one FS
Bad idea!!

4 or more bookshelves does not equal 2 floorstanders....lol.

You'll damage your amp and also this will be screw up the stereo effect.

hea buddy just save some more money and go for wharfedale 9.5,if u are desperate on fs..........

Bad idea!!

4 or more bookshelves does not equal 2 floorstanders....lol.

You'll damage your amp and also this will be screw up the stereo effect.

Exactly what I was trying to convey to Denzong

Save some money and go for good BS speakers like PSB, Paradigm Titan Monitors, Usher and others

I think your Sansui 717 is quiet capable of driving speakers with tough loads

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back