Floor standing spk for Yamaha rx-v663

jerryns

Hi,
I am buying Yamaha rx-v663 AV rx, would like to which floor standing front spkrs go with it... also like to know the sub woofer... I use 50% music and 50% movies. What abt mission m34i and m3a

Jerry

Hi,
I am buying Yamaha rx-v663 AV rx, would like to which floor standing front spkrs go with it... also like to know the sub woofer... I use 50% music and 50% movies. What abt mission m34i and m3a

Jerry

Jerry,

There are a number of threads where speakers and their suitability to various requirements have been discussed in detail. Please read thorough those threads and come back with specific questions.

Mission is a good brand as are a number of other brands such as JBL, Mordaunt-Short, Wharfedale, Klipsch, Jamo, etc. There are specific brands and speaker types available for various budgets.

I am not sure what speakers are available in Kochi. It is important that you audition a couple of speakers and then decide which one to buy. If the dealers in Kochi do not have many speakers on demo, you might have to come to Chennai or Bangalore and audition speakers there.

Please make a list of the following:

1. Kind of music and movies you like.
2. Whether you are ready to make do with just floor standers or need a sub woofer
3. For movies a sub woofer would make a tremendous difference.
4. Your budget for the whole 5.1 speaker system. Or are you looking for just front L & R?

Many of the well known brands and models will have extensive professional reviews that are available on the Net. Once you have done this basic homework, it will be easy to shortlist the loudspeakers that will fit best for your budget and the kind of music you like.

It is easier for us to advise/help you if you give us a few options after having done this homework. Other wise, it will become a long drawn affair.

Cheers

Venkat,

I must say it is amazing how you summon the patience and discipline to share your knowledge with all comers - that too in an organized way.

You are certainly an asset to this forum.

Jerry - I have heard the M33is with the V663 and liked the combination very much.

Hey Guys,

I am kinda new here... was always lookin 4 a audio website that can help.

Could you please offer me ur gr8 advise..

I have narrowed down on Jamo 606 (5.0 speaker package) I am kinda confused on the Amps to power them I am leaning towards the Yamaha
HTR 6140 or V463.

Pls do advise wht u think will be better to power them 606's

Thnx :)

All, I decided to go for Denon 1909 and placed the order. I have not received the AVR yet and is being delayed for long. I dont know how long I have to wait for. The dealer is suggesting me to consider Yam 663. How good/bad is this AVR compared to Denon 1909.

All, I decided to go for Denon 1909 and placed the order. I have not received the AVR yet and is being delayed for long. I dont know how long I have to wait for. The dealer is suggesting me to consider Yam 663. How good/bad is this AVR compared to Denon 1909.

Hi Selective,
I have seen the September 2008 review of Denon 1909 AVR and the group test on WhatHiFi. Denon is rated 5 stars and rated above the Onkyo 606 AVR and the Yamaha equivalent. If WhatHiFi is considered reliable, then perhaps it is worth waiting for the 1909. I could send you the scanned review for your personal use. The Onkyo 605 and 606 consistently scored high earlier and the Denon 1909 has beaten it this time. So there must be some value there !
I found out that the Denon 1909 is available for Rs.38k including tax with warranty.

I don't know if my post helps.

- Vue

Jerry,

Please make a list of the following:

1. Kind of music and movies you like.
2. Whether you are ready to make do with just floor standers or need a sub woofer
3. For movies a sub woofer would make a tremendous difference.
4. Your budget for the whole 5.1 speaker system. Or are you looking for just front L & R?

Cheers

Hi Venkat,
Do you remember me? You helped me decide in favour of the Cambridge-Audio Azur 540D-v2 CD/DVD player 3 weeks ago before Deepavali, when I was torn between Azur 540D and the Marantz DV 4002. Thank you very much for that.

I just wanted to make a note here that when I auditioned Wharfedale 9.5 FS pair for stereo music, with and without a sub-woofer, I was clearly able to see that the sub woofer added bass support, especially in passages where the cello was playing to support the piano. I am not a trained listener. It was very satisfying to know the sub added value, even though the Diamond 9.5 has 6.5" drivers and go fairly low. The sub used was the budget but award winning Wharfedale SW 150. I wanted to append this note to your item#2 above, as it may be useful for some of our friends here.

- Vue

Hi Venkat,
Do you remember me? You helped me decide in favour of the Cambridge-Audio Azur 540D-v2 CD/DVD player 3 weeks ago before Deepavali, when I was torn between Azur 540D and the Marantz DV 4002. Thank you very much for that.

Of course I do. Have you got your complete system in place. In another post I did read that you were struggling to decide on your speakers?

Cheers

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back