Floor Standing/Tower Speakers

nixs15

Hi ,I want to purchase a pair of Floor Standing/Tower Speakers for purely Audio/Stereo Set up .

Do you need a subwoofer to go along with the speakers ?

Or can these Speakers be complete in themselves and deliver good bass punch on their own ?

Is it possible to have a pair of these speakers without the subwoofer & still sound complete ?

Area of the room is 25 feet by 15.

Please advice which Speakers can deliver the above .

Or can these Speakers be complete in themselves and deliver good bass punch on their own ?

Similar size room. No sub. Enough tuneful bass for my taste.

A speaker plays in a room. And before I got that figured out and sorted that the same speaker sounded like C**P.

ciao
gr

Hi ,I want to purchase a pair of Floor Standing/Tower Speakers for purely Audio/Stereo Set up .

Do you need a subwoofer to go along with the speakers ?

Is it possible to have a pair of these speakers without the subwoofer & still sound complete ?

Hi,

For pure music mode, you don't need to add subwoofer to it. With 2.0 setup you will get enough bass punch to put smile on your face. Room acoustics play very important role for sound you hear.

Bass is something that is related to individual choice. I don't like heavy bass punch, but others might be liking it. So hear it personally and go ahead with what your ears like.

With the size you mentioned, decent entry level floor stander will also do magic. Try listening as much as you can at demo room. Also keep in mind that what you hear is Demo room might not sound exactly at home. It can be better or worse than demo room listening.

BR//
B Patel

Thanks Guys,

Which Speakers would you recommend.

Budget around 2L for the entire setup

Hi,

With Budget of 2L, Please listen to all speakers which are having good ratings...Couple of them might cost 80K and other would be in bracket of 1.8L. It all depends upon your liking. PSB, MA, Focals, Wharfedale are some brand which you can audition easily.

Till my understanding, always refer that all costly system might not be best to your ears.....It can be case that even simple bookshelf can influence your listening capability. Also invest your hard earned money only when you have enough time to listen to your system apart from weekends. This is all related to individual likings. Hope I am not offending anyone.

BR//
Bhavin

I don't have a Amp as yet,planning the whole setup.

Music source as of now will be mostly CD's

If I had that budget, I would have longed for B&W 683 with Arcam A19. Before purchase, try to audition KEF R300s as well. Those are bookshelves but it might blow you away. :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back