Floorstanders 40- 60k range

PSB T6 retails at ~76k here in Bangalore. You can speak to Final Touch for the final price. I found them to be very very neutral with a very good bass extension. I played some old CDs which were not digitally recorded; this came out through the T6 and T5 I had listened to :) So I am not averse to a slight colouring from speakers (which PSB does not provide). But to each his own !

I am yet to hear the Q700 but have heard the Q500. I would not agree with the previously posted comment on the new Q series not having enough bass due to the sealed box. On the contrary, I found Q500 having much more (tight) bass than Paradigm M7 series 7. Can't comment for the monitor 9 though. I have read rave reviews of the Q700. Definitely worth a dekko.

Give the MA Silver series a try too. However, they retail in the 70s. Else, the MA Bronze series is another route worth exploring.

And ever gave Energy Connoisseur series a hearing? I have found CF-50 to be nice.

Aah, the joy of speaker hunting ... endless options to be confused with :)

Do audition Polk RTiA9 and specially if you would go in for a power amp in the future you have nothing to loose. I am very happy with the A9 performance

But what I dont understand is you already bought B&W 685 still looking for suggestions..?

But what I dont understand is you already bought B&W 685 still looking for suggestions..?

Hey Santy,

The B&W's Bookshelves are meant for a small to medium room . so using it in my den which is 11x15 approx. its perfect over there . I have got in touch with Magma and working on the stand bit , however holding off the purchase till December since he will be caught up with Moharram etc
the Wharfedales 9.6 which i have in my living room will be handed over to a good friend and I am looking for a replacement FLOORSTANDERS for my living room with is approx 11x24 + 12x10 attached dining. so basically looking for an upgrade.
However i am in no tearing hurry. Looking at all possible options. will take my time on this one ... i gonna Audition, Audition, Audtion , till i find something thats sounds perfect to my ears .
Very much like what the B&W's did to me .
Basically "Love at first Ear"

Here is the link of the speakers i have at the moment, the Speakers on the floor under the B&W's are Pioneer CS 303's they are really large bookshelves

http://www.hifivision.com/audio-video-accessories/21769-wall-mount-b-w-685-bookshelves.html

Do audition Polk RTiA9 and specially if you would go in for a power amp in the future you have nothing to loose. I am very happy with the A9 performance

Thanks Olly , The KEF's Q700's are def a part of the list for probables for me. the 900's are way over my budget though
The polks RTi series is something i am going to auditon to see how musical they are, from what i heard Polk's are better for movies . But my ears may perceive it differently. So let see

Agreed Flash. At this budget point, we will not go wrong if we patiently hunt for the best one after as many auditions as possible. KEF Q700 is a great choice according to me.

The polks RTi series is something i am going to auditon to see how musical they are, from what i heard Polk's are better for movies . But my ears may perceive it differently. So let see

Flash that is the impression I got after reading comments and some have discredited the polks out and out but then its every individuals ear/wallet that matters the most. I am running them with Denon 3312 which is 125 watts @ 8 Ohms and i am happy with this set up. I am going in for a powerful pre pro combination or a integrated amp in the near future and that is when I will get the most out of these monsters. You are welcome for a audition with the present set up I have. This offer is open to all HFV members

Cheers:)

Quad 22L2 could be an option though bass not so great. MA Rx6 though thats slightly aboev your budget.

Flash that is the impression I got after reading comments and some have discredited the polks out and out but then its every individuals ear/wallet that matters the most. I am running them with Denon 3312 which is 125 watts @ 8 Ohms and i am happy with this set up. I am going in for a powerful pre pro combination or a integrated amp in the near future and that is when I will get the most out of these monsters. You are welcome for a audition with the present set up I have. This offer is open to all HFV members

Cheers:)

Every individual is different and one should choose something that is best for you. I also had heard only negative about Rti A9, but during my last visit to US I happened to hear them in not 1 but 3 homes and the owners had nothing but praise for them. I myself was impressed with what I heard and decided to buy myself a pair. Though my usage is more for home theater movies but then even I love my music. Try them if they work for you then go for them. It's a very personal thing.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back