Floorstanders 40- 60k range

Flash

I am looking for Floorstanders to fill a 22feet x 12 feet room which further extends 12 x10 .
Will be using it for Stereo as well as HT. My real world usage 75% music

My budget is in the range 40k - 65k
Wharfys are definitely out as I already own a pair of 9.6.
Klipsch Ref Series 62, 82 are a little too bright for my liking

What are my options .
Key factors what i am looking at
1. High power handling capacity (will be adding a 200w 8ohm power amp into the equation)
2. Good bass handling capacity in stereo mode
3. Sensitivity of 90db and above
4. i don't care how it sounds in movies "priority Music"

i have this in mind at the moment
1. Polk TSI 500
2. Paradigm Monitor 9 ( i dont know the price or the availability of monitor 11 in India)
3 ... whatever you guys recommend i will go ahead and audition

Last edited:
PSB T6
Dali Ikon 6 MKII
EPOS M16 / 22i

Pre owned : Dynaudio/PSB Synchrony/Paradigm reference series.

If you are considering Polk, look at RTi A7. But polk is more suitable for movies, they given better mid/low range.

You can consider KEF Q700 also, but it may not go down much since it is a sealed model. But they are better for music compared to Polk.

As suggested by Kittu, look at paradigm also

If you are considering Polk, look at RTi A7. But polk is more suitable for movies, they given better mid/low range.

You can consider KEF Q700 also, but it may not go down much since it is a sealed model. But they are better for music compared to Polk.

As suggested by Kittu, look at paradigm also

Thanks Mate .
How are the A9 ... assuming i stretch my budget a little. is ti again not as musical as the others ?
I had a look at your signature. and u have the Rti's .
What are the downfalls of it as compared to let say a more musical set of floorstanders let say Paradigm's

I'd go with Kittu's suggestion...
PSB, Epos...also Monitor Audio RS6 and the new Kef series (iQ something)

Whatever you do, avoid Polk unless you are the party music kinds...

I'd go with Kittu's suggestion...
PSB, Epos...also Monitor Audio RS6 and the new Kef series (iQ something)

Whatever you do, avoid Polk unless you are the party music kinds...

I like the KEF Q900 but definitely over my present budget.
I guess Polk out of the question .

Kittu can you please give me a ball park price of the speakers you mentioned

PSB T6
Dali Ikon 6 MKII
EPOS M16 / 22i

All should be close to 60-80k range I guess. I saw your signature before I made this high budget recommendation, since you have wharf 9.6 and B&Ws it would not be much of an upgrade going in the same league with other brands, I thought.

Our forum member akhilj deals with EPOS speakers , check with him if they have some on sale/clearance. Dali and PSB if you bargain hard you can find them close to your budget. Audiogon has some deals on preowned speakers if you like to source from abroad.

All should be close to 60-80k range I guess. I saw your signature before I made this high budget recommendation, since you have wharf 9.6 and B&Ws it would not be much of an upgrade going in the same league with other brands, I thought.

Our forum member akhilj deals with EPOS speakers , check with him if they have some on sale/clearance. Dali and PSB if you bargain hard you can find them close to your budget. Audiogon has some deals on preowned speakers if you like to source from abroad.

Ouch ... i am maxed out at 60k. cant go a penny over that. infact 60k is a stretch at the moment. or else the splurging will never stop.

11's are 78k mrp so you can get them close to 67 or 68k. Studio 60 and 100 I am not sure. You can call lokesh @ htstore.in. He recently sold studio series to one of the forum members. (shashi).

Studio series will be above a lac, can you stretch your budget towards a lac onwards?

11's are 78k mrp so you can get them close to 67 or 68k. Studio 60 and 100 I am not sure. You can call lokesh @ htstore.in. He recently sold studio series to one of the forum members. (shashi).

Thanks Kittu,

I auditioned the Paradigm's 9 a month ago with a NAD amp and I liked what i heard. In terms of imaging and soundtage. However i felt the bass was subdued/lacking with certain tracks.
for example - Six Blade Knife - mark Knopfler the mids , higs were produced brilliantly, but the bass lacked seriously..

Anyway i will get in touch with lokesh for pricing on the the Studios.

Studio series will be above a lac, can you stretch your budget towards a lac onwards?

Phew over a lakh ...

Well considering i just splurged and bought myself the B&W 685's around a week ago,
Over Hundred thousand definitely no. especially since i have to factor the cost of center and surrounds at some point .

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back